GlueX Software Meeting, February 4, 2020
GlueX Software Meeting
Tuesday, February 4, 2020
3:30 pm EST
JLab: CEBAF Center A110
BlueJeans: 968 592 007
- Review of Minutes from the Last Software Meeting (all)
- Review of Minutes from the Last HDGeant4 Meeting (all)
- Dask and Jlab @ Jlab (Thomas)
- Review of recent issues and pull requests:
- Review of recent discussion on the GlueX Software Help List (all)
- Action Item Review (all)
- CMU : Naomi Jarvis
- JLab : Alex Austregesilo, Mark Ito (chair), Igal Jaegle, David Lawrence, Keigo Mizutani, Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann
There is a recording of his meeting on the BlueJeans site. Use your JLab credentials to access it.
- /volatile/halld moving to a new Lustre system. The transition started today. Move your files from the old volatile disk to the new.
- New version set: version_4.14.0.xml, update release of RCDB. Needed to select good runs for the current run.
- Default CCDB server on farm is now the MySQL server on hallddb-farm.jlab.org. History Plot. The change from MyISAM to InnoDB did not have a huge effect. There are now four VMs as part of hallddb-farm.jlab.org: hallddb-a, b, c, and d.
Review of Minutes from the Last Software Meeting
We went over [[GlueX Software Meeting, January 21, 2020#Minutes|the minutes from January 21] without significant comment.
Review of Minutes from the Last HDGeant4 Meeting
We went over the minutes from January 28 without significant comment.
Dask and Jlab @ Jlab
Thomas gave us a demo of the JupyterLab (JLab) installation at Jefferson Lab (JLab). The demo is in the recording, but technical difficulties may make it hard to follow. Luckily, Thomas prepared slides that highlight the important concepts. All of the JLab Nuclear Physics farm is available via this interface. With great power comes great responsibility.
Review of recent discussion on the GlueX Software Help List
Igal posted a question on the help list with subject Something went wrong with mcsmear - status code: 139. Interestingly, Thomas reported that starting some time ago, MCwrapperBot has had crashes in mcsmear with the same exit code. Sean Dobbs has agreed to look into it.
Sean and Mark have discussed talks at the Offline session of the collaboration meeting. The current plan is for Mark to give an overview including news from the HDGeant4 meetings and slides from Thomas on MCwrapper, Sean will summarize analysis and calibration, and Alex will report on launches (if he agrees to do so). Other topics can be accommodated. If you have a talk you would like to give please contact Sean or Mark.