Difference between revisions of "GlueX Offline Meeting, July 27, 2011"

From GlueXWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
m (Review of minutes from the last meeting)
m (Text replacement - "/halldweb1.jlab.org/" to "/halldweb.jlab.org/")
Line 35: Line 35:
 
==Slides==
 
==Slides==
  
Talks can be deposited in the directory <code>/group/halld/www/halldweb1/html/talks/2011-3Q</code> on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb1.jlab.org/talks/2011-3Q/ . You have to be a member of the "halld" Unix group to do this.
+
Talks can be deposited in the directory <code>/group/halld/www/halldweb1/html/talks/2011-3Q</code> on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2011-3Q/ . You have to be a member of the "halld" Unix group to do this.
  
 
=Minutes=
 
=Minutes=

Revision as of 10:20, 31 March 2015

GlueX Offline Software Meeting
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
1:30 pm EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center F326

Agenda

  1. Announcements
  2. Review of minutes from the last meeting: all
  3. Update on non-deterministic event reconstruction: David, Paul M.
  4. Status of the CCDB release: Dmitry
  5. Cyber event and the User Community
  6. Action Item Review: all
  7. Review of recent repository activity: all

Communication Information

Telephone

To connect by telephone:

  1. dial:
  2. enter access code followed by the # sign: 3421244#

Video Conferencing

Slides

Talks can be deposited in the directory /group/halld/www/halldweb1/html/talks/2011-3Q on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2011-3Q/ . You have to be a member of the "halld" Unix group to do this.

Minutes

  • CMU: Will Levine
  • JLab: Mark Ito (chair), Paul Mattione, Dmitry Romanov, Sascha Somov, Simon Taylor, Elliott Wolin, Zhiwen Zhao

Review of minutes from the last meeting

We looked at the minutes from the last meeting. Elliott remarked that in the translation tables there was no need to identify the pre-amps for the tracking chambers as separate entities.

Status of the CCDB release

Dimitry is finishing the conversion from existing Subversion-controlled calibration constant files to the CCDB

  • built JANA, put in classes to read CCDB
  • getting ready to test
  • should be done in the next few days
  • CCDB has been checked into the 12 GeV Physics repository

Elliott commented that some progress on the conditions part of the CCDB would be useful.

Update on non-deterministic event reconstruction

David has found and fixed a problem, first reported by Will, where repeated reconstruction of the same events with the same binary reproduced different results. See David's message for details of the fix.

Paul reported a different bug and checked in a fix. This was giving different figure-of-merit values for repeated executions at the 1% level. See his message for details.

Miscellaneous Discussion

  • We discussed using NaN (not a number) as a signal that a variable is not defined.
  • We discussed a problem with the new hit generation in the tracking chambers where the maximum number of hits is reached. Simon will raise the limit in the software.
  • Dave asked Paul when the high-level particle class reorganization would be finished.
  • Dave wondered if the Subversion servers could be configured to store passwords in an encripted form.
  • Will pointed out that the weekly b1pi jobs are not regularly looked at for success or failure. He volunteered to help with this. Dave pointed out the utility root2email that might help with notification.
  • Mark noted that the nightly build was now broken. This has been the case since the change in the roster of ifarm machines.