Difference between revisions of "Data Challenge 2: Ideas"
(→Raw Data Paradigm)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 13:13, 1 May 2013
Thoughts on what goals we might have for the next data challenge.
- BCAL reconstruction
- latest tracking
- ROOT trees?
- improved REST?
- farm management system at JLab
- crude set of perl scripts now, full of kludges
- needs generalization, perhaps re-write
- input and output data cataloging and management
- database application?
- grid-based meta-data catalog?
Raw Data Paradigm
- produce simulated data as a completely separate step
- write to tape library
- inefficient but realistic
- "raw data" sources:
- JLab farm
- online cluster
- stresses different data paths
- tape to farm at JLab
- Grid to JLab
- JLab to Grid
--marki 13:09, 1 May 2013 (EDT)