Controls Meeting 12-Dec-2013
- Minutes from previous meeting 14-Nov-2013
- UPS requirements - Elliott
- Recent EPICS development - Vanik
- Vanik is leaving soon!
- Collimator table wiring - Hovanes, Mark S
- Other EPICS progress - Hovanes
- Controls installation/testing status - Dave B
- Solenoid improvements - Dave, Mark, Scot, Elliott
- JInventory update - Serguei P, Elliott
- Mantis task tracker
- Midas elog
- Future topics
- Experiment Control Supervisor - Vardan, Elliott
9:30AM Thurs 12-Dec-2013 CC A110
9:30am Thurs 9-Jan-2014
Present: Elliott W, Hovanes E, Vanik K, Dave B, Scot S.
We need an FCC Class B UPS for the tagger area, and we're still hoping to send filtered power from the big UPS in the counting house down to the hall. We need to collect requirements for both locations (Tim asked Elliott to do this).
Vanik is leaving in a week or so. He gave a summary of the work he did during the past six months. Most recent was the tagger microscope stage:
- Table has three legs, one motor per leg.
- Each motor gives small angle change, need to coordinate group motion.
- Vanik added group motion capability to driver (original by Mark Rivers).
- Testing and debugging started, some problems with encoder.
- Controller can handle max 8 axes, using 3 for this application.
- Other components (motors, limit switches, etc) working.
He also worked on:
- Goniometer measurement, control and testing with Yi, including laser measurements and motion analysis.
- HV/LV control gui's, python scripts and CSS development.
- implemented group operations
- work on drivers with Nerses
- for FDC, CDC, BCAL, PS (high granularity), FCAL coming soon, others
When he returns in April he will continue to work on:
- HV/LV remaining detectors.
- Tagger microscope.
- Goniometer with Ken Livingston.
Scot reported he has wired the table and is checking it out. Hovanes noted that one of the motors hums all the time so there may be a wiring problem. Components include stops and limit switches, encoders, etc.
Hovanes reported we've begun powering and checking out the FDC LV system. He may be seeing coupling between channels, some responses depend on whether neighboring channels are on or off. SNMP on the MPOS's now works after a Linux driver update. He is also configuring HV for FDC's. We also would like to implement a system for fast shutdown and remote chassis reset.
Dave B reported that the FCAL darkroom PLC is working, sensors are partially installed, but the system needs some tuning. The doors and crash button works as well. The entire system needs final commissioning once everything is installed. He wants to improve the voltage shutdown system for the four controllers and improve the temperature/light/humidity algorithm.
Work continues on FDC/CDC gas system, and BCAL wiring and cabling. The solenoid improvement effort needs to be ramped up in anticipation of beginning of cryo operations in the Spring or early Summer.