Transitioning from BlueJeans to Zoom
Revision as of 17:56, 15 December 2021 by Marki (add link to knowledge base article)
Information on the Transition
- JLab's Knowledge Base article for the transition.
- Initial announcement from the Lab (Nov. 12, 2021)
- Announcement of training sessions (Nov. 30, 2021)
- Question about Zoom and Polycom compatibility: response from Helpdesk (Dec. 8, 2021)
- Disposition of recordings on the BlueJeans site: response from Helpdesk (Dec. 13, 2021)
Instructions for Zoom
- How to connect a polycom system to a zoom meeting.
- Connect you Polycom system to the I.P. address 184.108.40.206
- Enter the Zoom Meeting ID followed by #
- Enter the Zoom Pass code followed by #
- General Comments on Zoom on Polycom.
- In using a Polycom system, unless you have a keyboard connected to your unit, it is very hard to enter alpha numeric characters. Thus, we should restrict both meeting IDs and pass codes to be purely numeric.
- Meetings should be set up so that anyone can share their screen.
- Wait rooms should be avoided at all cost.
- There is no way to remotely mute a microphone in zoom, so setting mute on connect as the default would be smart.
- Unless you have multiple monitors, when a screen is shared, you will loose the participant videos.