Time-of-Flight/Start-Counter Meeting, May 29, 2009
Revision as of 09:46, 4 June 2009 by Marki
- Time-of-Flight Status: Paul/Sasha
- Start Counter Status: Werner
- Start Counter Geometry: Sascha/Chuck
- JLab: Mark Ito, Sascha Somov, Simon Taylor, Elliott Wolin
- FSU: Paul Eugenio, Sasha Ostrovidov
Status of Time-of-Flight Work at FSU
Paul and Sasha reported on progress and plans.
- They are assembling new trigger counters for the test set-up.
- With the machine shop, Paul is working on a realistic light guide prototype. He showed us his working drawing. They will start by making one, then bend and test it.
- Elliott will get a flash ADC to send to FSU. The P0 connector on their 64X crate is causes physical interference with the ADC and will have to be removed. (JLab people are dealing with the same issue on their 64X crates.)
- FSU has purchased the CAEN constant fraction discriminator formerly on loan to them.
- Sasha O. outlined plans for the test set-up.
- He will to try to improve time resolutions, currently at 600 ps using a leading-edge discriminator. Will try a constant-fraction discriminator.
- Will measure efficiency of trigger, end left, end right, using scalers.
- Paul looking at hiring an undergraduate to help with measurements and software improvements.
- Sascha S. raised the question of auxiliary trigger types for the TOF detectors. These may impact the design of trigger electronics boards.
- Paul: monitoring will largely piggyback off calorimeter calibration system.
- Sascha S.: Chuck thinks there is room to start bending early.