Solenoid Current Studies
This page will serve as a collaborative workspace for groups studying the effects of the reducing the solenoid current. Details of the simulation, as well as results of the analysis can be shared here.
The effect of a decreased solenoid current on reconstruction has been examined in some detail in [GlueX Doc 1429]. It may be useful to reproduce this study with the latest reconstruction.
- Changing magnetic field maps in simulation and reconstruction: Magnetic_Field_Maps_for_Solenoid
- How to make an SQLite version of the ccdb database: SQLite-form_of_the_CCDB_database
- Using the grid Using_the_Grid
The following channels were suggested at the May 2014 collaboration meeting (see document). Details of the progress of the analyses can be included below. This can include genr8/HDGEANT input files, JANA plugins used for the analysis, results...
- Individual Tracking FOM 3 sigma (instead of combined: just seems more intuitive).
- Has-detector-match (DCutAction_AllTracksHaveDetectorMatch).
- Individual Neutral PID FOM 5-sigma (DCutAction_PIDFOM).
- If no missing particle, cut on transverse momentum at 400 MeV/c (DCutAction_TransverseMomentum)
- Kinematic fit converges (DCutAction_KinFitFOM with cut value of 0.0).
It seemed like the PID cuts on charged particles (e.g. 5-sigma w/o BCAL) were cutting away too much "signal," although some of that signal might have been ghost tracks. Before cutting on it, you'd want to do some studies to see how many combos that contain tracks with low PID confidence actually pass kinematic fit or BDT cuts.
Everything else should probably be left to the BDT.
The data used for the analysis is extracted from PYTHIA generated samples. For the initial studies, 10M events will be generated for the non-DC2 runs. The run number scheme is the following:
|Run Number||Magnetic field map||EM background rate||Notes|
|9001||1350A||1.1E7||Standard DC2 production|
|9002||1350A||5.5E7||Standard DC2 production|
|9004||1500A||1.1E7||10M events generated at CMU|
|9005||1500A||5.5E7||10M events generated at JLab|
|9007||1200A||1.1E7||10M events generated at CMU|
|9008||1200A||5.5E7||10M events generated at JLab|
|9010||750A||1.1E7||10M events generated at CMU|
The REST files and the ROOT files produced from runs 9004-9009 can be retrieved from the following directory:
genr8 phase space samples
- Run Number: 7001
- genr8 input File:Input.input 7001
- HDGEANT input (1350A) File:Control.in 7001 1350A
- Run Number: 7002
- genr8 input File:Input.input 7002
- HDGEANT input (1350A) File:Control.in 7002 1350A
- Run Number: 7003
- genr8 input File:Input.input 7003