Difference between revisions of "September 21, 2022 FCAL Insert Installation Meeting"

From GlueXWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Agenda)
(Minutes)
Line 22: Line 22:
  
 
== Minutes ==
 
== Minutes ==
* I showed the strawman schedule and then how to handle the lead glass modules. The discussion then went right into cabling, which was discussed for the duration.
 
* Sasha brought up the need for categorizing the existing modules before unstacking and then keep them separate.
 
** Sasha to write a plan on how to categorize and repair the modules
 
*** determine existing problems
 
*** inspect as removed and decide which bin to go into
 
*** determine number of bins
 
*** those with no issues, keep whole
 
** Crates can handle around 1500 lbs
 
** should modules be removed from upstream or downstream?
 
** Develop space plan based on Sasha'a plan (Tim)
 
* Cable discussion
 
** How many new cable trays do we need (depends on plan)
 
** 1600 new HV cables (through side wall patch panels)
 
** 1600 new LV cables (through side wall patch panels) - ribbon cable daisy chained on inside?
 
** 1200 or 1600 new signal cables depending if we reuse existing 400 cables
 
** Do we remove all cables completely or just on detector end?
 
*** If only on one end?
 
****  the loose cables need to be supported and stowed somehow
 
**** little space left for work on platform
 
**** Less work for cabling folks
 
**** How to remove 400 existing signal cables
 
*** Remove cables completely?
 
**** Can remove racks so there is room to work on the platform
 
**** More work for cable folks
 
** How to route and support additional cables?
 
*** Bring HV and LV cables from patch panel on side walls
 
**** Route them from top and bottom to center
 
*** Add additional chain in Z to handle additional cables
 
*** Use smaller diameter (RGA 174 (2.8mm diam.)) for signal cables?
 
**** Route through patch panel or connector from DS wall
 
**** bring along center pipe and fan out?
 
**** need to decide on connectors and length
 
  
 
== Action Items ==
 
== Action Items ==

Revision as of 15:14, 20 September 2022

Meeting Time and Place

Wednesday September 21,2022 10am At Jefferson Lab, Hall D Counting House and on Teams

Agenda

Step assy.jpeg
Manifold assy.jpeg
Blocks.jpeg
DS platform.jpeg
FCAL upper cable trays.jpeg
FCAL BL Lower cabletrays.jpeg
FCAL BR Lower cabletrays.jpeg

Minutes

Action Items

  • Make a virtual 3D Mock up of baseline (Tim and Stephanie)
    • Assume HV and LV cables come from top and bottom
    • Assume signal cables are rg174 and patch in from downstream wall
    • Assume signal cables come along center pipe and fan out to crystals
    • Get samples of wires from Chris S. to use for model
  • Develop an lead-glass module unstacking plan (Sasha)
    • Criteria for category of repairs
    • # of bins
    • repair plan
  • Get quote on RG174 cables and connectors (Chris S.)
  • Come up with cable mapping plan (Fernando)