Run Coordination Meetings: Fall 2014
Daily Meetings, 8:45am, Hall D conference room. Held by the Run Coordinator. Present Run Coordinator: Alexandre Deur
To connect from the outside by phone please do the following
2.) To join via Polycom room system go to the IP Address: 184.108.40.206 (bjn.vc) and enter the meeting ID: 660743227.
3.) To join via phone, use one of the following numbers and the Conference ID: 660743227.
4.) The moderator code is 8394
Dial Either +1 408 740 7256 or +1 888 240 2560 for US or Canada
Specific instructions for connecting from JLab's Hall D conference room:
- Turn polycon on if necessary (do it before turning the computer on)
- With the polycon, place a call at 220.127.116.11
- Press # to enable the polycom keypad, then enter the meeting id: 660743227 and #
- You may have to unmute the microphone: #*4
- Turn the computer on if needed
Meeting General Agenda
Oct 3rd 2014 meeting
- Report relevant updates from 7:50 and 8:00 daily MCC meetings:
- Accelerator schedule: Aiming to start beam restoration on Oct. 7th and start running 5.5 pass/10 GeV on Oct. 10th. This means locking the Hall around Oct. 13th.
- Report on Work in the Hall:
- The upstream platform is now a hearing protection area. Hall D is a radiation aread. OSL need to be worn everywhere in Hall D.
- There will be a power outage of at least 2h next week (precise date TBD).
- Report on yesterday Hall D related events
- Hot Check OUT Status 16% ready ; 18% checked ; 66% not ready
- Installation punch list (items in red: must by Oct 6th ; Blue: Done by 2nd Fall run; Green: Nice to have it
The wire is installed. Tom measured the wire diameter without insulation to be 200 microns.
Chamber is closed and under vacuum, leak-checked and ready to go.
Pair spectrometer detector - Positioned on the stand. Survey is done.
- Profile monitors -
The two profilers are now installed and surveyed.
- Active collimator -
- <strike> Cables are terminated and in the Hall. All hardware work is completed.
- Fully cabled now. Need to check if the cables are long enough when the collimator is translated.
The light leaks of the SC are largely fixed. SC is mounted back.
- Tagger shielding - Wall (final labyrinth configuration) 50% complete. Should be complete by Oct 9th. Small walls to by erected soon after.
Pair Spectrometer Magnet remote control - Control is now working. Hysteresis procedure will be done by hand.
- Pair Spectrometer Magnet Field readout Hall probe is here and will be installed by Wes. Wes is working on cabling. The gui is done.
Pair Spectrometer detector: finishing today.
Upstream Profiler in collimator cave.
Start counter: Survey should be done by the end of the day.
FCal: Still working on it. Should be completed today
CDC: Should be completed (confirmation?). Microscope
Beam pipe section
- Vacuum - On schedule.
Amorphous Radiators - FSD done and tested.
- Halo Counters - All are installed and connected.
- Microscope - Microscope is in its correct position. Being cabled.
Tagger crates - Can now been readout.Will be removed on the 10th.
- Hodoscope checks - Nathan is testing the detectors and electronics with DAQ. 131 (out of ~200) counters have been checked directly with a scope. Nathan will continue to check the rest of them. Some signs of light leaks. 9 out of 131 counters have problems (1 not responsive, 8 with cabling problems) and need to be fixed.
- Radiation monitors - Gamma and neutron probes ready. Readout gui to be made. Ion Chambers installed but one is not at the right location. This is being fixed. Witness SiPM baseline characterization: waiting for Sacha.
- 2nd sweep magnet. (2nd collimator aperture) - not required for Fall run.
- Specific safety notice (from Tom/Tim/Mark): Tagger Hall: Be mindful of the wall construction work, in particular the forklift motions.