Difference between revisions of "May 20, 2009 Software"

From GlueXWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Video Conferencing)
(complete draft)
 
(6 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 20: Line 20:
 
* Review minutes from [[May 6, 2009 Software]] meeting
 
* Review minutes from [[May 6, 2009 Software]] meeting
 
* Announcements
 
* Announcements
* New build: release-2009-04-27
+
* New build, release-2009-04-27: Mark
* Work disk request
+
* [http://www.jlab.org/Hall-D/software/wiki/index.php/Geometry#FDC  FDC Geometry Change]: Simon
 +
* [[Hall D Work Disk Request|Work disk request]]: Mark
 +
 
 +
=Minutes=
 +
 
 +
JLab: Mark Ito (chair), Sascha Somov, Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann
 +
 
 +
==Review of [[May 6, 2009 Software|Last Meeting's Minutes]]==
 +
 
 +
* Matt Shepherd suggested an addition to our Monte Carlo scheme to Mark that should be added to the list of new projects. In general terms he advocates having all random-number generated processes (smearing in particular) occur at a stage before the reconstruction program and to have this intermediate stage serialized. That way reconstruction results can be run with no dependence on program execution history on an event-by-event basis.
 +
* Sascha just checked in the change dropping the Cerenkov from the default geometry.
 +
* Variable z-position of particle launch position in particle gun should be added to the action item list.
 +
* Mark and Sascha just checked in changes to the src/libraries/HDDM make scheme to use event.xml (the HDDM template file) as the authority for the data model. All derived files will be generated at make time.
 +
 
 +
==New Build==
 +
 
 +
Mark [http://www.jlab.org/ccc/mail_archives/HALLD/halld-offline/msg00859.html announced a new build] this week. It does '''not''' include recent geometry changes to the CDC and FDC by design. We agreed that yet another new build, including these changes, is needed soon.
 +
 
 +
==FDC Geometry Changes==
 +
 
 +
Simon summarized his [[Geometry#FDC|recent changes to the FDC geometry]]. There was an extensive update of the dimensions and materials to bring them into line with the current design. Also the gap between the FDC and the CDC was reduced.
 +
 
 +
==Work Disk Increase Request==
 +
 
 +
Mark presented a [[Hall D Work Disk Request|proposal for an increase of our work disk space]], for presentation to the Computer Center. Those present thought that it was reasonable. Mark will discuss it with Eugene next.

Latest revision as of 11:47, 21 May 2009

Location

The meeting will be at 2:00 pm in CEBAF Center F326/327.

Telephone

To connect by telephone:

  1. dial:
    • 800-377-8846 : US
    • 888-276-7715 : Canada
    • 302-709-8424 : International
  2. enter participant code: 39527048# (remember the "#")

Video Conferencing

A) ESNet: 8542553
B) EVO: meeting link

Agenda

Minutes

JLab: Mark Ito (chair), Sascha Somov, Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann

Review of Last Meeting's Minutes

  • Matt Shepherd suggested an addition to our Monte Carlo scheme to Mark that should be added to the list of new projects. In general terms he advocates having all random-number generated processes (smearing in particular) occur at a stage before the reconstruction program and to have this intermediate stage serialized. That way reconstruction results can be run with no dependence on program execution history on an event-by-event basis.
  • Sascha just checked in the change dropping the Cerenkov from the default geometry.
  • Variable z-position of particle launch position in particle gun should be added to the action item list.
  • Mark and Sascha just checked in changes to the src/libraries/HDDM make scheme to use event.xml (the HDDM template file) as the authority for the data model. All derived files will be generated at make time.

New Build

Mark announced a new build this week. It does not include recent geometry changes to the CDC and FDC by design. We agreed that yet another new build, including these changes, is needed soon.

FDC Geometry Changes

Simon summarized his recent changes to the FDC geometry. There was an extensive update of the dimensions and materials to bring them into line with the current design. Also the gap between the FDC and the CDC was reduced.

Work Disk Increase Request

Mark presented a proposal for an increase of our work disk space, for presentation to the Computer Center. Those present thought that it was reasonable. Mark will discuss it with Eugene next.