JEF meeting, August 20, 2021
Meeting time and location= 9:30 am EST (JLab time) Bluejeans only
We are using BlueJeans Video/Audio conferencing. Our meeting ID number is 992533564. Click "Expand" for more details.
- Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:
- http://jlab.bluejeans.com (You should only need to do this once)
- If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):
- If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"
- Dial: 1 888 240 2560 (US or Canada only)
- or, List of International Numbers
- If connecting via Polycom unit:
- Dial 18.104.22.168 or bjn.vc
- Enter meeting ID above
- SICCAS crystals
- Module fabrication
- COMCAL tests, TAC running, etc.
- Data analysis
Attendees: Olga, Bill B., Varun, Jane, Arshak, Jon, Zisis, Phil, Chase, Susan, Tim B., Liping, S.T.
- No news on SICCAS crystals (company looking for another vendor for raw material)
- Need to consider approaching management about possibly switching vendor
- Plan to set up meeting with Eugene in near future to discuss what to do?
- Inventory of other items needed for module construction:
- PMTs ordered, received 50, monthly delivery schedule
- Light guides ready to go
- Quality of brazing could be improved
- Task could possibly be outsourced?
- Considering switching to 50 micron thick brass strips instead of 25 micron -- Tim identified source but width not a match to what we are currently using
- LMS system needs work: Arshak can work on some aspects in Yerevan
- COMCAL has been installed in hall on platform
- Initial checkout of signals using LED looks good
- Survey indicates a tilt, possibly due to torque due to cables
- Need more manpower for module construction
- Detector support group?
- Arshak to join UNCW group
- Fernando has designed PMT divider prototype for NPS (that could be modified for us to use for FCAL-2?)
- Would like to have 25 to test using beam by SRC run in November
- Jon presented usage of MCTrajectory information in the simulation of photon events
- Indicate places in the detector where photons convert into e+/e- pairs
- Igal's presentation on agenda was postponed until next week