HDGeant4 Meeting, March 10, 2020
Tuesday, March 10, 2020
3:30 pm EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center, A110
BlueJeans: 968 592 007
- Review of minutes from the last Meeting (all)
- Issues on GitHub
- Pull Requests on GitHub
- Action Item Review
- CMU: Naomi Jarvis
- FSU: Sean Dobbs
- JLab: Alex Austregesilo, Colin Gleason, Mark Ito (chair), Igal Jaegle, Richard Jones, Keigo Mizutani, Justin Stevens, Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann
There is a recording of this meeting on the BlueJeans site. Use your JLab credentials to get access.
Review of minutes from the last Meeting
We went over the minutes from January 28. There were no significant updates from work presented at that meeting.
Issues on GitHub
We reviewed the Issues page.
- SKIP card is broken with sufficiently large numbers of events #145. This one was fixed by a change to HDDM in the halld_recon repository. It can be closed.
- BCAL reconstructed energy sometimes broken on startup: multicore only #137. Jon posted a control.in that should allow Richard to reproduce the problem.
- K particle gun request to resolve G3/G4 difference near p 0.5 GeV/c and theta 120 degrees #137. Mark will ask Nilanga for further studies along the lines described below.
- Calorimeter timing mismatch between g3 and g4 #93 from Alex and Difference in Acceptance between G3 and G4 #111 from Colin. These issues have dominated discussion in recent meetings. We agreed that they need to addressed. Justin reminded is that they both show differences between simulation (G3 and/or G4) and data. We discussed two approaches:
- Richard will do particle studies to understand the differences between G3 and G4, especially for charged hadrons in the BCAL.
- Alex and Colin will try to isolate single particles in their exclusive events and look at calorimeter timing response for hadrons. Hopefully this can be done without tight cuts on the particle of interest. Also they will try to simulate the same reactions and repeat the studies with both G3 and G4. We will ask Nilanga to do a similar study with his backward kaons.