GlueX TOF Meeting, October 6, 2021
GlueX Time-of-Flight Meeting
Wednesday, October 6, 2021
11:00 am EDT
BlueJeans: 350 531 998
- Review of minutes from the last meeting
- TOF II Trigger
- TOF NIM paper
- Action Item Recap
Present: Eugene Chudakov, Mark Ito (chair), Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann
Review of minutes from the last meeting
We went over the minutes of the meeting on August 25.
- After replacement of the FADCs, Beni performed a voltage scan, analyzed the data, and reset PMT voltages accordingly to equalize gains. A gain calibration was performed and the resulting energy calibration tables are now in the CCDB.
- The RF signal, measured with a CAEN TDC in the TOF crate, is now better than it has ever been. Beni solved the issue with a wide time distribution by inserting a discriminator (with appropriate level conversion modules) in front of the jitter attenuation box [?].
News from the Run
Beni updated us on several areas of activity.
- The acrylic shielding near the beam line has been removed at the direction of the PrimEx leadership. The rates around the beam line look reasonable nonetheless.
- Timing Calibration for PrimEx run
- To get adequate statistics for the outer counters, he must analyze all of the data from any given run. The online skims do not produce enough data. This is due to the character of the PrimEx data.
- He has been working on automating the calibration procedure.
- The walk corrections have been done and uploaded to CCDB.
Student from SRC
Jackson Pybus, an MIT student, will be working on TOF calibration for the SRC experiment. Beni has been in contact with him and will provide advice going forward.