Difference between revisions of "GlueX TOF Meeting, May 5, 2021"

From GlueXWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(first draft)
 
 
(3 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
GlueX Time-of-Flight Meeting<br>
 
GlueX Time-of-Flight Meeting<br>
 
Wednesday, May 5, 2021<br>
 
Wednesday, May 5, 2021<br>
3:00 pm EDT<br>
+
10:00 am EDT<br>
 
BlueJeans: [http://bluejeans.com/350531998 350 531 998]
 
BlueJeans: [http://bluejeans.com/350531998 350 531 998]
  
Line 9: Line 9:
 
# Review of [[GlueX TOF Meeting, April 8, 2021#Minutes|minutes from the last meeting]]
 
# Review of [[GlueX TOF Meeting, April 8, 2021#Minutes|minutes from the last meeting]]
 
# PMT Repair
 
# PMT Repair
 +
#* Travel-related issues
 
# TOF II Trigger
 
# TOF II Trigger
 
# TOF NIM paper
 
# TOF NIM paper
 
# Action Item Recap
 
# Action Item Recap
 +
 +
== Minutes ==
 +
 +
Present: Eugene Chudakov, Paul Eugenio, Mark Ito
 +
 +
There is a [https://bluejeans.com/s/uU6SKB7FT@x/ recording of this meeting]. Log into the [https://jlab.bluejeans.com BlueJeans site] first to gain access (use your JLab credentials).
 +
 +
=== PMT Repair ===
 +
 +
* Paul estimates that the work will only take two days. He would like to be here for an entire work week nonetheless. He is aiming for Sunday June 6 to Saturday June 12.
 +
* Eugene has submitted the request to have Paul do the work in the Hall to Walt Akers. He has been Rolf Ent's contact person in these matters in the past.
 +
* Clearance for a student might be more complicated.
 +
 +
=== Air Light Guides ===
 +
 +
Paul would like to try to couple the light from the short paddles across the beam hole to its counterpart on the other side. He wants to install ESR tubes to bridge the gap without introducing much material into the photon beam. He thinks that the installation could be quick and, if problems arise, de-installation would be quick as well. De-installation might be complicated by tighter space constraints around the TOF beam hole when the detector is in its running configuration. We should discuss this with Tim Whitlatch and Beni Zihlmann soon.

Latest revision as of 20:25, 18 May 2021

GlueX Time-of-Flight Meeting
Wednesday, May 5, 2021
10:00 am EDT
BlueJeans: 350 531 998

Agenda

  1. Announcements
  2. Review of minutes from the last meeting
  3. PMT Repair
    • Travel-related issues
  4. TOF II Trigger
  5. TOF NIM paper
  6. Action Item Recap

Minutes

Present: Eugene Chudakov, Paul Eugenio, Mark Ito

There is a recording of this meeting. Log into the BlueJeans site first to gain access (use your JLab credentials).

PMT Repair

  • Paul estimates that the work will only take two days. He would like to be here for an entire work week nonetheless. He is aiming for Sunday June 6 to Saturday June 12.
  • Eugene has submitted the request to have Paul do the work in the Hall to Walt Akers. He has been Rolf Ent's contact person in these matters in the past.
  • Clearance for a student might be more complicated.

Air Light Guides

Paul would like to try to couple the light from the short paddles across the beam hole to its counterpart on the other side. He wants to install ESR tubes to bridge the gap without introducing much material into the photon beam. He thinks that the installation could be quick and, if problems arise, de-installation would be quick as well. De-installation might be complicated by tighter space constraints around the TOF beam hole when the detector is in its running configuration. We should discuss this with Tim Whitlatch and Beni Zihlmann soon.