GlueX Start Counter Meeting, September 19, 2013
GlueX Start Counter Meeting
Thursday, September 19, 2013
10 am EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center F326/327
- Review minutes from previous meeting
- Construction Status
- Electronics Status
- Installation planning
- US and Canada: (866)740-1260 (toll free)
- International: (303)248-0285 (toll call) or look up toll-free number at http://www.readytalk.com/intl
- enter access code followed by the # sign: 1833622#
- Go to http://esnet.readytalk.com
- In the "join a meeting" box enter the Hall D code: 1833622
- Fill in the participant registration form.
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2013-3Q on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2013-3Q/ .
- FIU: Werner Boeglin, Eric Pooser
- JLab: Chuck Hutton, Mark Ito (chair), Beni Zihlmann
- FIU has placed orders for bent scintillator and machining them with Eljen and McNeal respectively. The orders are for 50 pieces total. The work at McNeal will be done in batches of 25, with a period for quality checks at FIU between machining on the two batches.
- There has been a delay in the construction of the test stand due to failure of the CNC machine at FIU. The machine should be fixed by next week[?].
Eric has started picking up the simulation projects that Puneet was working on, various studies of light collection efficiency.
The current schedule calls for the start counter to be ready for the April 2014 beam test. This looks tight, but possible. FIU will revisit the construction schedule.
Bruce Lenzer asked about the date of the readiness review yesterday. Mark told him that things have been delayed and we are not ready to schedule the review yet.