Difference between revisions of "GlueX Start Counter Meeting, May 1, 2014"
m (Text replacement - "www/halldweb1/" to "www/halldweb/")
|Line 27:||Line 27:|
Talks can be deposited in the directory <code>/group/halld/www/
Talks can be deposited in the directory <code>/group/halld/www//html/talks/2014-2Q</code> on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb1.jlab.org/talks/2014-2Q/ .
Revision as of 20:02, 31 March 2015
GlueX Start Counter Meeting
Thursday, May 1, 2014
10:00 am EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center F326
- Slide Show from Bruce's Visit to Eljen
- Review minutes from previous meeting
- Collaboration Meeting
- Detector Construction Status
- Support Structure Construction Status
We will use BlueJeans for this meeting.
- To join or start the meeting, go here.
- Connecting directly from a room system? (E. g. Polycom H.323 device.)
- Dial: 184.108.40.206 or bjn.vc
- Enter Meeting ID: 556286544 -or- use the pairing code
- Just want to dial in?
- Dial-in: +1 408 740 7256 or +1 888 240 2560 (US or Canada only) (other phone numbers)
- Enter Meeting ID: 556286544
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2014-2Q on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb1.jlab.org/talks/2014-2Q/ .
- FIU: Werner Boeglin, Eric Pooser
- JLab: Chuck Hutton, Mark Ito (chair), Bruce Lenzer, Tim Whitlatch, Beni Zihlmann
Review Minutes from Previous Meeting
We looked at the minutes from the April 17 meeting.
We reviewed Eric's report that the scintillators had arrived at McNeal in good shape and that they were preparing for machining.
Slide Show from Bruce's Visit to Eljen
Werner will be at JLab for the meeting and will give the Start Counter update.
Detector Construction Status
Eric gave the report.
- The assembly jig is in the FIU machine shop. It is 95% complete. All related materials have arrived. The only thing remaining is to fit the shaft to the bearings.
- A wrapping jig (for the aluminum foil) has been designed and submitted to the shop. It should be done next week.
- It should take two to three weeks to test all 50 scintillators.
Chuck and Tim gave the report.
- Both the Rohacell and the aluminum ring are out for fabrication. The two hubs are both machined. All should come in next week.
- The structure will likely take 2.5 weeks to arrive at FIU.
- Eric asked about handling the pieces. Tim will re-check with the vendor to make sure that all pieces are kept as clean as possible, with handling kept to a minimum.
- Helicoils will be used for the threaded holes for attaching the electronics as a precaution to prevent stripping threads.
- The washers are in hand for the test fit of the electronics to the aluminum ring. They are in the range of 30 to 50 mils.
We set a tentative schedule:
- June 3: Readiness Review
- June 17: Nick Sandoval to FIU to set-up electronics.