GlueX Start Counter Meeting, March 25, 2011
Friday, March 25, 2011
4:30 pm EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center, Room F326/7
- Review minutes from previous meeting: all
- Start Counter News
- MOU status
To connect by telephone:
- US and Canada: (866)740-1260 (toll free)
- International: (303)248-0285 (toll call) or look up toll-free number at http://www.readytalk.com/intl
- enter access code followed by the # sign: 3421244#
- ESNet: 8542553
- Meeting URL: http://evo.caltech.edu/evoNext/koala.jnlp?meeting=M2MvMB2e28DMDs9v9lDM92
- Phone Bridge ID: 312 1612
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb1/html/talks/2011-1Q on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb1.jlab.org/talks/2011-1Q/ . You have to be a member of the "halld" Unix group to do this.
- JLab: Werner Boeglin, Eugene Chudakov, Lei Guo, Mark Ito (chair), Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann
We had an informal discussion of various issues related to the start counter.
- Werner is going to test some 3x3 mm fibers for light guides
- Currently FIU is seeing 20 ns rise time from the 16 cell array.
- Werner is interested in getting another pre-amp for the SiPM*
- He is also interested in obtaining a Peltier element; he is hopeful that cooling the SiPM may help timing resolution.
- Mark will set up a conference call with Fernando Barbosa to discuss the previous two items.
- Beni lent the FIU guys an Ortec constant fraction discriminator (physically handed it over) to see if that helps with timing resolution in their set-up.
• Puneet k. might work on hall d a bit, mainly working with Brian in hall b • call tell Yi • new design pre-amp