Difference between revisions of "GlueX Start Counter Meeting, March 25, 2011"

From GlueXWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(notes as minutes)
(Minutes)
Line 38: Line 38:
 
* '''JLab''': Werner Boeglin, Eugene Chudakov, Lei Guo, Mark Ito (chair), Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann
 
* '''JLab''': Werner Boeglin, Eugene Chudakov, Lei Guo, Mark Ito (chair), Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann
  
3x3 mm fiber for light guide
+
We had an informal discussion of various issues related to the start counter.
• for both
+
 
• werner, mark, simon, beni, lei, eugene
+
* Werner is going to test some 3x3 mm fibers for light guides
20 ns rise time
+
* Currently FIU is seeing 20 ns rise time from the 16 cell array.
• want another pre-amp
+
* Werner is interested in getting another pre-amp for the SiPM*
• and a peltier element
+
* He is also interested in obtaining a Peltier element; he is hopeful that cooling the SiPM may help timing resolution.
• beni offers constant fraction, ortec
+
* Mark will set up a conference call with Fernando Barbosa to discuss the previous two items.
puneet k. might work on hall d a bit, mainly working with Brian in hall b
+
* Beni lent the FIU guys an Ortec constant fraction discriminator (physically handed it over) to see if that helps with timing resolution in their set-up.
 +
Puneet k. might work on hall d a bit, mainly working with Brian in hall b
 
• call tell Yi  
 
• call tell Yi  
 
• new design pre-amp
 
• new design pre-amp

Revision as of 10:22, 28 March 2011

Location, Time

Friday, March 25, 2011
4:30 pm EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center, Room F326/7

Agenda

  1. Announcements
  2. Review minutes from previous meeting: all
  3. Start Counter News
  4. MOU status

Communication Information

Telephone

To connect by telephone:

  1. dial:
  2. enter access code followed by the # sign: 3421244#

Video Conferencing

Slides

Talks can be deposited in the directory /group/halld/www/halldweb1/html/talks/2011-1Q on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb1.jlab.org/talks/2011-1Q/ . You have to be a member of the "halld" Unix group to do this.

Minutes

Present:

  • JLab: Werner Boeglin, Eugene Chudakov, Lei Guo, Mark Ito (chair), Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann

We had an informal discussion of various issues related to the start counter.

  • Werner is going to test some 3x3 mm fibers for light guides
  • Currently FIU is seeing 20 ns rise time from the 16 cell array.
  • Werner is interested in getting another pre-amp for the SiPM*
  • He is also interested in obtaining a Peltier element; he is hopeful that cooling the SiPM may help timing resolution.
  • Mark will set up a conference call with Fernando Barbosa to discuss the previous two items.
  • Beni lent the FIU guys an Ortec constant fraction discriminator (physically handed it over) to see if that helps with timing resolution in their set-up.

• Puneet k. might work on hall d a bit, mainly working with Brian in hall b • call tell Yi • new design pre-amp