GlueX Start Counter Meeting, July 27, 2017
GlueX Start Counter Meeting
Thursday, July 27, 2017
11:30 am EDT
CEBAF Center, Room F326/327
- Review minutes from the last meeting
- Calibration and Efficiency
- Time-dependent geometry adjustments
- Mcsmear procedure and parameters for the start counter
- Meeting time discussion
- Action Item Review
- The BlueJeans Meeting ID is 556 286 544 .
- Connect to the Meeting
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2017 on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2017/ .
- FIU: Werner Boeglin, Mahmoud Kamel
- JLab: Eugene Chudakov, Mark Ito (chair), Eric Pooser, Thomas Britton
Eric reported on the status of the NIM paper.
- Werner's edits have been implemented.
- Now waiting for plots on attenuation and other performance parameters.
- FIU guys will meet on next week to finalize the choice of plots to include.
- New deadline for a draft: August 18.
Mahmoud reported in progress with the attenuation measurement.
- Pion proton separation using start counter dE/dx is much improved with the both sets of attenuation corrections, those obtained on the bench at FIU and those obtained from data.
- The fits to dE/dx distribution, as measured using pulse integral, are now converging for all sectors.
- Fits to dE/dx as function of z are done in two regions and represent the data well.
- The new constants obtained from data have been added to the CCDB, but there is currently some technical difficulty in modifying the PID library to use them. This is work in progress.
For details and plots, see Mahmoud's slides.