GlueX Offline Meeting, May 18, 2010
GlueX Offline Meeting
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
2:00 pm EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center F326/7
To connect by telephone:
- 800-377-8846 : US
- 888-276-7715 : Canada
- 302-709-8424 : International
- enter participant code: 77438230# (remember the "#")
- ESNet: 8542553
- Meeting URL: http://evo.caltech.edu/evoGate/koala.jnlp?meeting=eleBevvlvDatasaeIl
- Phone Bridge ID: 56083
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb1/html/talks/2010-05 on the JLab CUE (you have to be a member of the "halld" Unix group). This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb1.jlab.org/talks/2010-05/ .
- Review of minutes from the last meeting: all
- Review of Collaboration Meeting: all
- GlueX Software Workshop(?): all
- JLab Scientific Computing Plan: all
- HOWTO set up the GlueX environment: Mark
- Can we make binaries-in-path a requirement?
- Progress toward constructing our own matrix classes: Simon
- Action Item Review: all
JLab: Craig Bookwalter, Mark Ito (chair), David Lawrence, Sascha Somov, Simon Taylor, Elliott Wolin, Beni Zihlmann
- New release Mark put together a ???new release, announced yesterday.
- Contact with Dmitri David and Mark have been in email contact with Dmitri Romanov about prospective work on a calibration database.
- Writing out tracking results David let us through his recently published HOWTO save tracking results to an HDDM or EVIO file for later playback.
- David agreed to give us a tutorial on the use of plugins in the JANA framework at a future meeting.
- Elliott told us that we will likely get another CNU student to work on software this summer via Yelena Prok. He and David are discussing appropriate projects, but ROOTSpy is a strong candidate.
- Elliott informed us that Gagik Gavalian, working in Hall B is interested in using hdf5 as a data format for archiving analysis results (including calibration constants). Craig has had some experience with it, using it for a home-brew ntuple format.
Review of minutes from the last meeting
We went over the minutes from the May 4th meeting.
- Mark reported that the Offline Computing change request has been entered in the official project software.
- Elliott reported that Mantis on the way; just a few more details to iron out.
craig appreciated grad student as well as others
calorimeter cluster issues: indiana student
bcal mcsmear for new student
openMP: simple parallelization
software workshop, paul eugenio, jsa initiatives, june or july proposal due, decide in advance, next offline meeting need to have something ready, Dave Beni Simon Sascha
dispute over chips numbers graham does not mention jana, does mention clara gluex computing plan? requirements, srm monte carlo at outside institutions: sascha 2002 computing plan computing model
cross out talk to graham about evio