Difference between revisions of "GlueX Offline Meeting, May 1, 2013"
|Line 56:||Line 56:|
* Mark called attention to the [
* Mark called attention to the [new tagged release] announced last week.
==Standard ROOT TTree Format==
==Standard ROOT TTree Format==
Revision as of 15:30, 5 May 2013
GlueX Offline Software Meeting
Wednesday, May 1, 2013
1:30 pm EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center F326/327
- Review of minutes from the last meeting: all
- Standard ROOT TTree Format (Paul): TTree Format
- Update on Geant4 conversion
- BCAL Reconstruction Status Update: Will
- The Next Data Challenge
- Action Item Review
- Review of recent repository activity: all
You can view the computer desktop in the meeting room at JLab via the web.
- Go to http://esnet.readytalk.com
- In the "join a meeting" box enter the Hall D code: 3421244
- Fill in the participant registration form.
To connect by telephone:
- US and Canada: (866)740-1260 (toll free)
- International: (303)248-0285 (toll call) or look up toll-free number at http://www.readytalk.com/intl
- enter access code followed by the # sign: 3421244#
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb1/html/talks/2013-2Q on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb1.jlab.org/talks/2013-2Q/ .
- CMU: Will Levine, Paul Mattione, Curtis Meyer
- IU: Matt Shepherd
- JLab: Mark Ito (chair), David Lawrence, Beni Zihlmann
- UConn: Alex Barnes, Richard Jones
- Mark called attention to the new tagged release announced last week.
Standard ROOT TTree Format
Paul has added to his wiki page, presented last time. He let us through some examples in the usage section, on how to access the data using the native Draw method of ROOT and how to save data to the tree.
Matt suggested some scheme for having a quick index of generated particle toology that sums over all possible intermediate resonances, e. g., π+π-π0 whether or not they came from an ω or other resonance. Paul will implement a scheme.
Update on Geant4 conversion
We will freeze developement on HDGeant probably around the time of collaboration meeting.
BCAL Reconstruction Status Update
Will gave an update on his BCAL reconstruction improvements. He outlined status on a wiki page. He described all of the current options, some of which will (hopefully) be eliminated in the future. He still intends to do a comparative study of the proposed default versus the previous before it is officially adopted.
Beni will add his code now that the structure for choosing among versions has been settled.
The Next Data Challenge
Mark presented some ideas for incorporation into the next data challenge.
Other issues that were contributed by the group were:
- improving job success efficiency
- add electromagnetic background
- add in dark noise in the BCAL
- opening up photon window, especially to higher photon energy, perhaps 7.5 GeV to the end-point
Matt also pointed out that the data challenge 1 data needs older software to be completely compatible. Although we think that the data is still usable, that problem will get worse as time goes on.
We decided to continue this discussion during future offline meetings. There did not seem to be a need for special meetings right away.