GlueX Offline Meeting, June 29, 2011
GlueX Offline Software Meeting
Wednesday, June 29, 2011
1:30 pm EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center F326
- Status of alpha release of CCDB: Dmitry
- Geant4 Tutorial: Mark
- danaevio and rawevent plugins, translation tables: Elliott
- Review of minutes from the last meeting: all
- Non-reproducible results: Will
- Restructuring particle classes: Paul M.
- Action Item Review: all
- Review of recent repository activity: all
To connect by telephone:
- US and Canada: (866)740-1260 (toll free)
- International: (303)248-0285 (toll call) or look up toll-free number at http://www.readytalk.com/intl
- enter access code followed by the # sign: 3421244#
- ESNet: 8542553
- Meeting URL: http://evo.caltech.edu/evoNext/koala.jnlp?meeting=292I2iMeMB929nDs9aD9
- Phone Bridge ID: 10 1789
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb1/html/talks/2011-2Q on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb1.jlab.org/talks/2011-2Q/ . You have to be a member of the "halld" Unix group to do this.
- CMU: Will Levine, Curtis Meyer
- IU: Kei Moriya, Matt Shepherd
- JLab: Eugene Chudakov, Hovanes Egiyan, Mark Ito (chair), David Lawrence, Paul Mattione, Dmitry Romanov, Simon Taylor, Carl Timmer, Beni Zihlmann
- Status of alpha release of CCDB. Dmitry worked on this during the calibration and conditions database (CCDB) during his last visit and is picking it up again. Right now he is working on the first alpha release.
- The low-level API is done.
- The make system is done.
- JANA integration is not ready.
- The user-level API is not ready
- Goal for release: user-level API, but not Jana integration
Elliott commented that CLAS12 is interested. They would like to code to be kept in the 12-GeV repository. We will try to oblige. Dave will look into off-site collaborators checking out from the 12 GeV repository.
- Geant4 Tutorial. Sucheta Jawalkar of the Users Group Board of Directors brought up the idea of having another Geant4 Tutorial at JLab. Mark contacted Paul Gueye and Paul is willing to organize it from the Lab's side again. If you are interested in helping, please contact Mark.
3. danaevio and rawevent plugins, translation tables: Elliott
heads up danaevio plug-in raw hit objects and reconstructed objects, generates evio tree that includes representation of those objects can be serialized, can be sent as a messge, can be printed paul will be testing this last feature
rawevent plug-in : data acquisition will write raw data from dana objects, list of crate slot channels, they make the structure and write to disk, need to take a hit, bar paddle and turn to crate slot channel would like to do it realistically question: is someone collaboration doing that serialization should be compatible with named pipes in new approach from Richard, this will be used translation tables
david: electromagnetic background , richard cannot reproduce, david can
lockf a pointer , ongoing problem , in mantis
2. Review of minutes from the last meeting: all
3. Non-reproducible results: Will
different results each time, seems to be in reconstruction code four vectors different from run to run number of particles different, charged particles and photons
beni has seen photons come and go
paul third time
david not the same events
reproduced beni's result, stale data hypothesis,
4. Restructuring particle classes: Paul M.
Matt : displaced vertex: ks, ks itself could be member of a vertex
5. Action Item Review: all * Recently Resolved * Outstanding Items 6. Review of recent repository activity: all
turning part o tracker off for hardware problems • can be have a gsimko for gluex • do we have a tool to say that hits should be ignored? no is there any simulation of in-effiency
New Action Items
- Look into off-site collaborators checking out from the 12 GeV repository.
- Remind people to update their Mantis items. -> Mark