Difference between revisions of "GlueX Offline Meeting, June 29, 2011"
(→Minutes: text draft)
(→Minutes: with link)
|Line 64:||Line 64:|
==Review of minutes from the last meeting==
==Review of minutes from the last meeting==
We went over the [[
We went over the [[|minutes of the June 15th meeting]]. Not a lot of discussion was generated.
Revision as of 20:55, 29 June 2011
GlueX Offline Software Meeting
Wednesday, June 29, 2011
1:30 pm EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center F326
- 1 Agenda
- 2 Communication Information
- 3 Minutes
- Status of alpha release of CCDB: Dmitry
- Geant4 Tutorial: Mark
- danaevio and rawevent plugins, translation tables: Elliott
- Review of minutes from the last meeting: all
- Non-reproducible results: Will
- Restructuring particle classes: Paul M.
- Action Item Review: all
- Review of recent repository activity: all
To connect by telephone:
- US and Canada: (866)740-1260 (toll free)
- International: (303)248-0285 (toll call) or look up toll-free number at http://www.readytalk.com/intl
- enter access code followed by the # sign: 3421244#
- ESNet: 8542553
- Meeting URL: http://evo.caltech.edu/evoNext/koala.jnlp?meeting=292I2iMeMB929nDs9aD9
- Phone Bridge ID: 10 1789
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb1/html/talks/2011-2Q on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb1.jlab.org/talks/2011-2Q/ . You have to be a member of the "halld" Unix group to do this.
- CMU: Will Levine, Curtis Meyer
- IU: Kei Moriya, Matt Shepherd
- JLab: Eugene Chudakov, Hovanes Egiyan, Mark Ito (chair), David Lawrence, Paul Mattione, Dmitry Romanov, Simon Taylor, Carl Timmer, Beni Zihlmann
- Status of alpha release of CCDB. Dmitry worked on this during the calibration and conditions database (CCDB) during his last visit and is picking it up again. Right now he is working on the first alpha release.
- The low-level API is done.
- The make system is done.
- JANA integration is not ready.
- The user-level API is not ready
- Goal for release: user-level API, but not Jana integration
Elliott commented that CLAS12 is interested. They would like to code to be kept in the 12-GeV repository. We will try to oblige. Dave will look into off-site collaborators checking out from the 12 GeV repository.
- Geant4 Tutorial. Sucheta Jawalkar of the Users Group Board of Directors brought up the idea of having another Geant4 Tutorial at JLab. Mark contacted Paul Gueye and Paul is willing to organize it from the Lab's side again. If you are interested in helping, please contact Mark.
- danaevio and rawevent plugins, translation tables. Elliott gave us a heads-up about two new plug-ins.
- danaevio plug-in. This plug-in takes raw hit objects and reconstructed objects and generates an EVIO tree that includes representation of those objects. The tree can be serialized, can be sent as a message, and can be printed. Paul will be testing this last feature.
- rawevent plug-in. Plug-in to take raw EVIO data and turn it into DANA objects[?]. Question: is someone in the collaboration interested doing the translation from crate, slot, channel to detector-specific description[?]. Beni suggested that this scheme be able to write to a named pipe[?].
- HDGeant crashes. David had previously reported a problem where turning on electromagnetic background causes a crash. Richard has not been able to reproduce the problem though David continues to be able to. There is a suspicion that the version of GEANT in /group/halld that David has been using is the cause. This issue has been entered in Mantis.
Review of minutes from the last meeting
We went over the minutes of the June 15th meeting. Not a lot of discussion was generated.
Will describe the problem he has observed with different results each time the reconstruction is run. Others have reproduced the problem. There seem to be problems with four vectors changing, the roster of particles changing, and the events for which reconstruction succeeds changing. Work is ongoing, by Will, David, Beni and Paul. This issue has also been logged in Mantis.
Restructuring particle classes
Paul presented hi proposal for a modest re-organization of the top-level particle classes. See his wiki page for details. There was a lot of discussion, but in the end we agreed that Paul should proceed with the changes.
Action Item Review
We went over the list of active items. Some should be updated and marked as resolved or closed. Mark will send reminders to assignees where appropriate.
Review of recent repository activity
No comments or discussion was generated.
Dead or disabled channels
Eugene asked how the software deals with channels or sets of channels that have been turned off due to hardware problems. Currently there is not a specific provision for this situation. We will have to make some plans to address this.
New Action Items
- Look into off-site collaborators checking out from the 12 GeV repository. -> David
- Remind people to update their Mantis items. -> Mark
- Design behavior of reconstruction when channels are known to be missing.