Difference between revisions of "GlueX Offline Meeting, January 23, 2013"
m (Text replacement - "/halldweb1.jlab.org/" to "/halldweb.jlab.org/")
m (Text replacement - "www/halldweb1/" to "www/halldweb/")
|Line 33:||Line 33:|
Talks can be deposited in the directory <code>/group/halld/www/
Talks can be deposited in the directory <code>/group/halld/www//html/talks/2013-1Q</code> on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2013-1Q/ .
Revision as of 21:54, 31 March 2015
GlueX Offline Software Meeting
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
1:30 pm EST
JLab: CEBAF Center F326/327
- Review of minutes from the last meeting: all
- Collaboration Meeting
- Friday February 22, 2013
- 14:45 Session IVb (100) --- Offline Reconstruction - (Organizer: M. Ito)
- Data Challenge Status
- CCDB status: Dmitry
- New CPU architecture from Intel: David
- JANA Resources update: David
- Action Item Review
- Review of recent repository activity: all
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2013-1Q on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2013-1Q/ .
- CMU: Paul Mattione, Curtis Meyer
- FSU: Nathan Sparks
- IU: Kei Moriya, Matt Shepherd
- JLab: Mark Ito (chair), David Lawrence, Yi Qiang, Dmitry Romanov, Simon Taylor, Elliott Wolin, Beni Zihlmann
- UConn: Alex Barnes
Elliott told us that the Online group is putting together online computing cluster. If there are requirements or suggestions for their plans, please contact Elliott.
We discussed the agenda for the offline session at the up-coming collaboration meeting. A tentative agenda:
- Overview: Mark
- CCDB: Dmitry
- Tracking: Simon
- TBD: David
Data Challenge Status
Curtis has started writing a report on the recently completed data challenge. There are still a lot of sections to be filled in.
Dmitry gave a report:
- The DANA library of sim-recon now requires CCDB to build. CCDB is still optional however.
- David has updated HDGeant and mcsmear use the new DANA (the DApplication class in particular).
- The code has been tested on MacOs
- It has also been tested with the clang compiler.
- The next release, ccdb-0.07, is in preparation.
- It will include the use of Resources to handle large files like the magnetic field.
- There is still a problem on CentOS 5 that Mark and Dmitry are chasing down.
New CPU architecture from Intel
David gave us an introduction to a new technology from Intel, the Xeon Phi MIC. This is Intel's answer to the recent popularity of GPU's for large-scale computations. See his talk for details. The outline:
- Some System Details
- Performance using JANA TestSpeed Plugin
Study of the board is just starting.