GlueX Offline Meeting, August 10, 2011
GlueX Offline Software Meeting
Wednesday, August, 2011
1:30 pm EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center F326
- Review of minutes from the last meeting: all
- Environment management and directory structure: Maurizio Ungaro
- Object-relational mapping (ORM) and an online database: Dmitry and Sascha
- Reconstructed Particle Classes: Mattione
- b1pi Update: Mattione
- Action Item Review: all
- Review of recent repository activity: all
To connect by telephone:
- US and Canada: (866)740-1260 (toll free)
- International: (303)248-0285 (toll call) or look up toll-free number at http://www.readytalk.com/intl
- enter access code followed by the # sign: 3421244#
- ESNet: 8542553
- Meeting URL: http://evo.caltech.edu/evoNext/koala.jnlp?meeting=292I2iMeMB929nDs9aD9
- Phone Bridge ID: 10 1789
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb1/html/talks/2011-3Q on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb1.jlab.org/talks/2011-3Q/ . You have to be a member of the "halld" Unix group to do this.
- CMU: Will Levine, Paul Mattione, Curtis Meyer
- JLab: Hovanes Egiyan, Mark Ito (chair), Puneet Khetarpal, David Lawrence, Dmitry Romanov, Sascha Somov, Simon Taylor, Maurizio Ungaro, Beni Zihlmann
Review of minutes from the last meeting
We went over the minutes from the July ??? meeting.
- Dmitry is still working on the JANA interface for the CCDB.
- The problems with non-deterministic event reconstruction have stayed solved.
- Paul reported that the automated b1pi jobs are now running.
- Mark noted that the nightly builds are now working.
Reconstructed Particle Classes
Paul described the new structure of top-level particle classes. See his wiki page for details.
He made some remarks about the new scheme:
- more intuitive
- reconstructs neutrons
- some tweaks made to particle identification
- changes to code required, instructions on the wiki page
- charged tracks are matched to the TOF and calorimeter before vertex reconstruction
- some standard programs are now broken, need modification to use the new classes
- reran b1pi, significantly fewer pions now although the change is not due to new class scheme, see his wiki page on this b1pi issue for details
Environment management and directory structure
Maurizio described a scheme for setting up environment variables for the major software packages in common use at JLab, such as Geant4 and JANA. Defaults are provided for all values but user-defined values can be set to over-ride the defaults. He has also produced rpm's and deb's to allow installation of pre-compiled files on non-JLab-CUE machines. See his talk for details.