GlueX Containers Meeting, March 2, 2018
Revision as of 11:36, 5 March 2018 by Marki
GlueX Containers Meeting
Friday, March 2, 2018
11:30 am EST
JLab: CEBAF Center L207
BlueJeans: 968 592 007
- Progress on the OSG (Mark, Thomas)
- Items to work on for the OSG
- Hooks for database to track job progress and job statistics in MCwrapper
- Finalize rsync mechanism for CVMFS
- Finalize random trigger delivery to compute node
- Mechanism for transfer from scosg16:/osgpool to farm:/cache
- Meeting room
Present: Thomas Britton, Mark Ito, Richard Jones, David Lawrence
- Reviewed Mark's summary of progress on the OSG. See his blog post for the details.
- Timeline: milestones since the collaboration, including successful run of simulation on the grid with a recent software release
- Features: jobs on grid nodes will see an abridged version of the JLab /group/halld tree.
- Modifications: review of a couple of modifications made to Richard's original scheme
- Container dance: Mark re-described the Singularity-container distribution mechanism that Richard described at the last meeting.
- Minor issues: some details to be worked out
- Items to work on for the OSG (Thomas)
- Hooks for a database to track job progress and job statistics in MCwrapper.
- Finalize rsync mechanism for CVMFS (code and constants).
- Finalize random trigger delivery to compute node (for mixing in accidental background using real events).
- Mechanism for transfer from scosg16:/osgpool to farm:/cache (files cannot be brought back directly to /cache or /volatile, they arrive first on the submit node).