GlueX Containers Meeting, February 16, 2018
Revision as of 11:58, 19 February 2018 by Marki
GlueX Containers Meeting
Friday, February 16, 2018
11:30 am EST
JLab: CEBAF Center A110
BlueJeans: 968 592 007
Present: Richard Jones (UConn); Thomas Britton, Mark Ito, David Lawrence (JLab), Zisis Papandreou (Regina)
- Oasis summary (Richard)
- Richard went through the current directory structure on Oasis
- Notes on recent work (Mark)
- Mark reviewed recent work building and using Singularity containers.
- We will continue to pursue the scheme whereby the container has only system files (mainly those available from the target Linux distribution) and the GlueX software stack is built in an external directory that is maintained separately from the container. This is how things have been done on the OSG for some time now. The next step for the OSG is to update Oasis with the latest software versions. Mark has a candidate build for this.
- Docker containers are used as the starting point for both OSG and NERSC efforts. Each container can be represented by a GitHub repository containing only a few configuration files. We would like to have a few such standard containers represented under the Jefferson Lab organization on GitHub. Mark will clone one of Richard's repositories as a start.
- Mark will report on some of this discussion at the upcoming collaboration meeting.
- Next meeting: we will meet again in two weeks, same time.