Data Challenge 2: Ideas
Revision as of 09:38, 15 May 2013 by Marki (add in comments made at May 1 offline meeting)
Thoughts on what goals we might have for the next data challenge.
- BCAL reconstruction
- latest tracking
- ROOT trees?
- improved REST?
Simulation Configuration Changes
- add electromagnetic background
- add in dark noise in the BCAL
- open up photon window, especially to higher photon energy, perhaps 7.5 GeV to the end-point
- improve job success efficiency
- farm management system at JLab
- crude set of perl scripts now, full of kludges
- needs generalization, perhaps re-write
- input and output data cataloging and management
- database application?
- grid-based meta-data catalog?
Raw Data Paradigm
- produce simulated data as a completely separate step
- write to tape library
- inefficient but realistic
- "raw data" sources:
- JLab farm
- online cluster
- stresses different data paths
- tape to farm at JLab
- Grid to JLab
- JLab to Grid
--marki 13:09, 1 May 2013 (EDT)