Controls Meeting 14-Nov-2013
Revision as of 09:55, 31 March 2015 by Marki (Text replacement - "/halldweb1.jlab.org/" to "/halldweb.jlab.org/")
- ECS - CSS now connected to cMsg by Graham H
- Minutes from previous meeting 17-Oct-2013
- Collimator table wiring - Hovanes, Mark S
- FCAL installation update - John L
- Controls installation/testing status - Dave B
- JInventory update - Serguei P, Elliott
- BCAL, FCAL, FDC, etc.
- EPICS update - Hovanes, Vanik
- Solenoid improvements - Dave, Mark, Scot, Elliott
- Mantis task tracker
- Midas elog
- Future topics
- Experiment Control Supervisor - Vardan, Elliott
9:30AM Thurs 14-Nov-2013 CC A110
Note: no meeting Thanksgiving week
9:30am Thurs 12-Dec-2013
Present: Elliott W, Dave B, Beni Z, Hovanes E, Scot S.
Dave reported on progress on many subsystems:
- Controls working, tested as far as possible on the floor, waiting for darkroom completion.
- Serguei will label everything and handle JInventory database entries.
- Installation in final location immanent.
- Gas System
- PLC mounted on back of gas panel on main platform, much shorter cables needed although need man-lift to work on PLC (uncommon after installation).
- NBX and Point I/O in gas shed, Ethernet cables will run to switch on FCAL platform.
- Gas shed plumbing and wiring in progress (by Scot).
- Currently have two mixing tanks, one each for FDC and CDC.
- Brooks flow controllers deployed in master/slave configuration.
- Input to flow controllers 50 psi, 15 psi out.
- PLC has serial connection to flow controllers.
- Narcisco modified Beni's original design, followup meeting will be called by Dave B to get final details.
- Cables being installed along with four distribution boxes for RTD's.
- Two CompactLogix PLC's will be used.
- PLC modules require 3-wire hookup (to 4-wire sensors), must have equal-length cables to maintain precision.
- Also to be installed is the chiller interface, must be careful about DB-9 to RJ45 adapter wiring.
- Using pulse-tube refrigerator.
- Lakeshore temperature monitor communication code working (RS232).
- Lakeshore controller code under development (RS485).
- One NBX can support one RS485 chain plus one RS232 connection.
- Control gui will have "Fill" button, no detailed operator procedure needed.
- Dave Meekins developing fill algorithm which contain sets of setpoints for different conditions.
- Thermocouples read out by target PLC.
- Thermocouples read out by upstream BCAL PLC.
- George maintains list of needed improvements.
- Dave slowly working on them, e.g: SOE, rewrite of Danfysik communication, etc.
- Nerses is gone, Vanik continues to work on HV/LV GUIs for upcoming tests.
- No power to FDC yet, coming soon, need soon!
- SNMP to MPOS's very slow in hall, ok in EEL, need to figure out what's wrong.
- May have to use BURT to save/restore setpoints until Acc upgrades MyA to do this.