CPP and NPP Run Conditions
- CPP and NPP Run Conditions
- Electron beam energy expected = 11.57 GeV based on the planned Experimental Schedule
- Microscope will cover the range of [0.391-0.514] of the beam energy or [4.52-5.95 GeV]
- Hall D solenoid will operate at its nominal field of 1350 A.
- Use the 750 um PS converter to collect sufficient PS triggers at low rate.
- Pair Spectrometer magnet will be scaled down by 6/9 = 0.67 of its nominal field (569.4 A = 0.67x849.9 A)
|Activity||Duration (PAC Days)||Duration (hours)||Current||Target||Collimator||Radiator||Contact||Comment|
|Full target (Production)||20||960||27 nA||Pb (0.3 mm)||3.4 mm||JD70-103 or JD70-107||Alternate 45, 45, 135, 135 deg diamond configuration (240 M events each) with amorphous data (60 M events)|
|TOF, CTOF, CDC HV Scans||0.2||10||27 nA||-||3.4 mm||AMO (1x10-4)||Beni, Naomi, Mark||Need time to assess data before updating settings. FCAL/BCAL trigger|
|Empty Target||1.5?||72||50 nA||-||3.4 mm||JD70-103 or JD70-107||Rory, Ilya, Andrew||Take data at full-target current for normalization|
|Diamond Alignment||0.5?||24||20 nA||Pb (0.3 mm)||3.4 mm||JD70-103 and JD70-107||Hovanes|
|Trigger Commissioning||1?||48||100 nA?||Pb (0.3 mm)||3.4 mm||JD70-103 or JD70-107||Sasha|
|Lead Shield Alignment||0.2||10||30-100 nA||Pb (0.3 mm)||3.4 mm||JD70-103 or JD70-107||Ilya|
|Beam Energy Calibration||0.1?||5||100 nA||Pb (0.3 mm)||3.4 mm||JD70-103 or JD70-107||Alexandre||Collimator Blocking for 5 min, periodically|
|Straight Track (Solenoid off)||0.5?||24||100 nA?||Pb (0.3 mm)||3.4 mm||JD70-103 or JD70-107||Simon, Lubomir||Ramping magnet takes about a shift.|
|PS magnet at GlueX nominal current||0.1?||5||27 nA?||Pb (0.3 mm)||3.4 mm||JD70-103 or JD70-107||Sasha?|
|TAC Runs||1.5?||72||<2 nA||-||3.4 mm||AMO (2x10-5)||Sasha|
|All Non-production total||5.6||269||-||-||-||-||-|
Preparations and Schedule
Draft Commissioning Steps
- Set Solenoid (standard GlueX) and PS magnet to CPP values (CPP = 2/3 * nominal GlueX).
- Setup photon beam operation at 50 nA.
- Check microscope and hodoscope operation in new configuration
- Align diamond to 6 GeV coherent edge
- Check rates in microscope in new position
- Harp scans and check photon beam on collimator
- Check radiation and backgrounds rates in Hall D with Pb target
- Check rates and beam stability at 30 nA
- Check currents and hit distributions in the MWPCs
- Preliminary trigger setup to be used during initial checks
- Complete a HV scan for the TOF, CTOF and CDC. Adjust voltages accordingly, especially those of the TOF in advance of trigger studies.
- Take data for adjustment of the FCAL PMT gains.
- Take data for Sean's Detector Checkout
- Compare empty vs full target rates
- Adjustable Pb absorber (upstream of muon detector)
- Proposal (Ilya)
- Commission trigger
- Charged Trigger (TOF)
- Neutral Trigger (FCAL/BCAL)
- Calibration triggers (CTOF, random, PS)
- Compare empty/full trigger rates
- Full target
- Empty target, fraction determined during commissioning.
- Special Runs during Production
- Beam energy calibration (Short, possible daily runs)
- Regular short runs in raw mode
- Take a TAC run close to start and one at end of run.
- PS: Take data at the nominal GlueX setting for reference.
- Straight track data (solenoid off)