Building Private Versions of GlueX Software: my halld build jlab
my_halld_build_jlab is a script that will build the GlueX-specific parts of the software stack for private use. Features include:
- software built in an arbitrary directory
- builds hdds, halld_recon, halld_sim, hdgeant4, and gluex_root_analysis by default
- user may specify building a subset of these packages
- chooses current version of the master branch for packages built
- non-GlueX-specific packages are obtained from the default version.xml file
- creates set-up scripts for using the build
- does a parallel build with a user-specified number of processes
- works only at JLab
To invoke it:
mkdir my_example_directory cd my_example_directory /group/halld/Software/build_scripts/my_halld_build_jlab
This will create setup_gluex.csh and setup_gluex.sh in my_example_directory. These should be sourced for tcsh and for bash respectively to set up the GlueX software environment once the build is done. There is also a version XML file created in my_example_directory called <username>_<date>.xml where <username> is your username and <date> is the date. This XML file is used by the the set-up scripts to set up the environment and serves as documention of the build.
There is a YouTube playlist that demonstrates an early version of the script (only sim-recon was built at that time).