Automatic Tests of GlueX Software
Tests of the reconstruction code in the sim-recon package are done periodically on several platforms at the lab.
- The tests are run in the directory /u/scratch/gluex/b1pi on the JLab CUE. Each time the test is run a new directory, named by date, is created in this directory, for example, /u/scratch/gluex/b1pi/2010-08-23.
- The analysis is that described on the HOWTO simulate and analyze b1pi events wiki page. One hundred fifty thousand events are generated.
- A cron job is scheduled for the "gluex" account on sandd1.jlab.org. The job runs at 8:00 am on Mondays and Thursdays. The script run by the cron daemon is
- The programs run are all from the nightly build done on that day.
- The cron job on jlabl5 mentioned above runs the test on the various platforms, as username gluex, serially. On each platform, the script run is
- The platforms are:
- jlabl4.jlab.org (Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.4)
- ifarm1402.jlab.org (CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009)
- jlabl5.jlab.org (Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 8.6)
- Log files of the test are stored in a web-accessible directory, for example, /group/halld/www/halldweb/html/b1pi/2017-10-02/b1pi_jlabl5.log. The corresponding URL is https://halldweb.jlab.org/b1pi/2017-10-02/b1pi_jlabl5.log .
- The tests for the individual platforms are run in separate directories, for example, /u/scratch/gluex/b1pi/2017-10-02/Linux_CentOS7-x86_64-gcc4.8.5. The low-level directory name is given from the output of the osrelease.pl script. Output files are all contained in these directories.
- Plots of selected histograms, both PDF and PNG versions, are archived to a web-accessible directory under /group/halld/www/halldweb/html/b1pi, with the directory named by date.
- The ssh scheme to run on the various platforms is that same as that used by the nightly build.
- The b1pi DANA plugin can be found at: https://github.com/JeffersonLab/sim-recon/tree/master/src/plugins/Analysis/b1pi_hists .
Single track reconstruction
- Run once a week, on Tuesdays
- Script: /group/halld/Software/scripts/single_track_macros/single_track_cron.sh
- Command in public key: /group/halld/Software/scripts/single_track_macros/mkhistos.sh
- Account: email@example.com