Automatic Builds of GlueX Software
Revision as of 10:21, 9 February 2010 by Marki (add location of the builds)
Every night a complete build of the source directory is done on several platforms at the lab.
- The builds are located in /scratch/gluex/halld_builds on the JLab CUE. Everyday a new directory, named after the current date, is created in this one.
- Both the hdds package and the src tree are built. Latest versions of each are used.
- The script run is /home/gluex/bin/nightly.sh. It is scheduled as a cron job for the "gluex" account on ifarml3.jlab.org. The job runs at 3:15 am daily.
- One cron job runs the builds on the various platforms, serially. The current platforms are:
- ifarml5 (Fedora 8)
- jlabl3 (RedHat Enterprise Linux 5)
- ifarml6.jlab.org (CentOS 5).
- Both non-debug and debug builds are done on all platforms.
- Once a week a summary of errors and warnings is sent to the email@example.com email list. The script run is /home/gluex/bin/nightly_report.sh and is run as a cron job (gluex, ifarml3).
- To use one of the nightly builds, you can set up the environment as follows (assume you want to use October 3, 2010):
setenv HDDS_HOME /scratch/gluex/halld_builds/2010-10-03/hdds/hdds_latest setenv HALLD_HOME /scratch/gluex/halld_builds/2010-10-03/halld/latest source /group/halld/Software/scripts/build_scripts/gluex_env_jlab.csh