April 21, 2014, Physics Working Group
Revision as of 16:54, 24 February 2017 by Marki (Text replacement - "http://argus.phys.uregina.ca/cgi-bin/private" to "https://halldweb.jlab.org/doc-private")
Meeting Time and Place
The meeting will be on Monday April 21, 2014 at 11:30am EDT. For those people at Jefferson Lab, the meeting will be in room F326.
- To join via a Web Browser, go to the page  https://bluejeans.com/115815824.
- To join via Polycom room system go to the IP Address: 18.104.22.168 (bjn.vc) and enter the meeting ID: 115815824.
- To join via phone, use one of the following numbers and the Conference ID: 115815824.
- US or Canada: +1 408 740 7256 or
- US or Canada: +1 888 240 2560
- More information on connecting to bluejeans is available.
- Collaboration Meeting May 12-14
- Data Challenge Update
- Update on Kinematic Fitter & Analysis Library (Mike Staib, Paul Mattione)
- Update on PAC proposal on Rare η Decays
- Simulations for η → π+π-π0 (Simon Taylor)
- Other analysis updates
- The η'π+n channel (η → γπ+π-) using the BDT framework (Kevin Bauer)
- K+K+K-Λ (Kei Moriya)?
- Practice talk for DIS 2014 (Justin Stevens) - Tuesday?
- Eugene reported on the committee recommendation to study the impact (e.g. resolution, e.m. background) of a reduced solenoid current of 1300/1350 nA on various physics channels. Aristeidis Tsaris volunteered to perform some initial studies. It was discussed to use the 3π channel and some of the strange final states in last year's PAC proposal.
- Paul M. discussed his plans for skimming the data challenge data and his studies on the "gain" of different cuts in skimming the files.
- Mike Staib gave a presentation on the Kinematic Fitter updates. The acceptance has generally improved for many channels.
- No updates on the PAC proposal; Simon Taylor presented some acceptance studies on η → 3π which is still somewhat lower than expected.
- Kevin Bauer (IU) presented his η'π+n channel (η → γπ+π-) study which is geared toward an undergraduate thesis.
- Justin Steven's practice talk was moved to Tuesday, April 22nd, 2:30 PM.