April 21, 2014, Physics Working Group
Revision as of 09:41, 25 April 2014 by Crede
Meeting Time and Place
The meeting will be on Monday April 21, 2014 at 11:30am EDT. For those people at Jefferson Lab, the meeting will be in room F326.
- To join via a Web Browser, go to the page  https://bluejeans.com/115815824.
- To join via Polycom room system go to the IP Address: 188.8.131.52 (bjn.vc) and enter the meeting ID: 115815824.
- To join via phone, use one of the following numbers and the Conference ID: 115815824.
- US or Canada: +1 408 740 7256 or
- US or Canada: +1 888 240 2560
- More information on connecting to bluejeans is available.
- Collaboration Meeting May 12-14
- Data Challenge Update
- Update on Kinematic Fitter & Analysis Library (Mike Staib, Paul Mattione)
- Update on PAC proposal on Rare η Decays
- Simulations for η → π+π-π0 (Simon Taylor)
- Other analysis updates
- The η'π+n channel (η → γπ+π-) using the BDT framework (Kevin Bauer)
- K+K+K-Λ (Kei Moriya)?
- Practice talk for DIS 2014 (Justin Stevens) - Tuesday?
- Eugene reported on the committee recommendation to study the impact (e.g. resolution, e.m. background) of a reduced solenoid current of 1300/1350 nA on various physics channels. Aristeidis Tsaris volunteered to perform some initial studies.
- Paul M. discussed his plans for skimming the data challenge data and his studies on the "gain" of different cuts in skimming the files.
- Mike Staib gave a presentation on the Kinematic Fitter updates. The acceptance has generally improved for many channels.
- No updates on the PAC proposal; Simon Taylor presented some acceptance studies on η→3π …
- Kevin Bauer (IU) presented his η'π+n channel (η → γπ+π-) study which is geared toward an undergraduate thesis.
- Justin Steven's practice talk was moved to Tuesday, April 22nd, 2:30 PM.