Difference between revisions of "Π polarizability Meeting Mar 23, 2022"

From GlueXWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Preliminary Agenda)
(minutes added)
 
Line 75: Line 75:
 
== Minutes ==
 
== Minutes ==
  
Attending:
+
Present: Alex Austregesilo, Albert Fabrizi, Sergey Furletov, David Hornidge, Mark Ito (chair), Igal Jaegle, Nikhil Kalra, Ilya Larin, Rory Miskimen, Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann
 +
 
 +
There is a [https://jlab-org.zoomgov.com/rec/share/Wm2xjPp033bWQXRTmj3OaICnctXANcD-f_KLfl_7ycZidpu2CzwK8SFr_N_Kg_yM.wp1IrII1OPQXB4sq recording of this meeting] (Passcode: n.1a#yZ9) on the ZoomGov website.
 +
 
 +
=== Cables ===
 +
 
 +
Beni reported that the LV and HV cables for the chambers were being installed yesterday. The signal cables are still in productions. He reminded us that we have 6 signal cables in hand that can be used to test one chamber at a time.
 +
 
 +
[Added in press, from Beni: the crimp tool loan mentioned at the last meeting was approved yesterday and has been shipped to the company. Also Chris Stanislav is connecting the LV boxes to the wire chambers as of this afternoon.]
 +
 
 +
=== Run Start Date ===
 +
 
 +
Beni reminded us that the run is scheduled to start June 8. We should not now that a budget has passed, we should not assume that there will be a CR-related delay in the start of the run.
 +
 
 +
=== TAC Status ===
 +
 
 +
Beni had a look at the lead glass TAC in the Hall. He led us through [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3989007 his logbook entry]. All indications are that the device looks good. He mentioned that that TAC was last used with GlueX in November/December 2019.
 +
 
 +
Beni also mentioned Sascha Somov's plan to use a new, 3×3 lead tungstate array as a TAC for CPP and PrimEx. We had some discussion of the relative merits of lead glass TAC vs. lead tungstate TAC.
 +
* possible leakage of showers from the sides of PbWO<sub>4</sub> vs. large size of Pb-glass
 +
* better intrinsic energy resolution of PbWO<sub>4</sub>
 +
* possible need for calibration, block-to-block of a PbWO<sub>4</sub> array
 +
** TAC stage only has horizontal motion. Snake scan requires two-dimensional motion
 +
* PbWO<sub>4</sub> is a new detector
 +
 
 +
Rory suggested that Mark ask Sascha to come to tomorrow's CPP Design meeting to present his plan.
 +
 
 +
=== Amount of Empty Target Data to Take ===
 +
 
 +
TBD
 +
 
 +
=== Diamond Simulations ===
 +
 
 +
No news.
 +
 
 +
=== Software/Calibration ===
 +
 
 +
* Simon has moved the kinematic fit of pairs from a plugin to a factory in the FMWPC library. It has not been tested on electron-positron pairs yet. Rory remarked that its location in this library is motivated by having results of the fits available for online e/&pi; separation monitoring. Without the kinematic fit, this would be difficult due to the relatively poor momentum resolution for forward-going tracks.
 +
* Simon is working on putting the survey numbers in. He has a version in a private HDDS directory.
 +
 
 +
=== Scintillators ===
 +
 
 +
The CTOF paddles are being installed in the Hall this week. Bobby Bunton 3D-printed mounting brackets, at Beni's request, so that mechanical support attachments are only made on the light guides and not to the scintillators or the phototube/base.
 +
 
 +
=== Translation Tables for Scalers ===
 +
 
 +
Beni has a meeting with Justin scheduled for Friday to discuss how this is to be done.
 +
 
 +
=== Low Voltage Feedback for the Chambers ===
 +
 
 +
Beni confirmed with Chris that the feedback system for regulating low voltage at the distribution box is hooked up.
 +
 
 +
=== Lead Shielding Alignment ===
 +
 
 +
The lead shielding in front of the first MWPC will be positioned, at the 1 mm level, from a study using rates, with beam on, of the MWPCs at several positions of the shield. Position adjustment is done by hand in the Hall, so Rapid Access will be necessary to carry out the program. Ilya will draft a run plan for this activity.
 +
 
 +
=== CPP Trigger Tests ===
 +
 
 +
Sergey reported that the CDC AI tests are done. Sascha is aware of this and he will start back on trigger tests. Ben Raydo may have to be pulled in at some point. Rory emphasized that this is on the critical path.
 +
 
 +
=== DAQ and Electronic Setup ===
 +
 
 +
Sergey reported that the CDC crate with the FADC-125s is mounted in its new location for use with the MWPCs. A new VME computer has been put in the crate. The crate has no power and it needs a optical fiber for read-out still.
 +
 
 +
[Added in press, from Beni: the VXS crate has now power. There is also AC 120V regular power available in the rack.]
 +
 
 +
=== Tagger Hodoscope Location 7 ===
 +
 
 +
Mark mentioned that at yesterday's Hall D Staff meeting Tim Whitlatch mentioned that he was waiting on a decision from the CPP group on installing a plate, at location 7, for mounting tagger hodoscope counters. We think we need this. We will try to clarify the issue at tomorrow's Design Meeting.
 +
 
 +
[Added in press: Mark asked and Sascha agreed to attend the meeting.]
 +
 
 +
=== CTOF Trigger ===
 +
 
 +
Rory asked about readiness of the various components needed to form a trigger from the downstream scintillators. Beni reported that all the components were in-hand or easily acquired.
 +
 
 +
* The PMTs have two outputs, one will to the FADCs, the other to a discriminator
 +
* The discriminator has two outputs. One will go to a CAEN TDC, the other to the trigger logic.
 +
* Trigger logic is housed in a NIM crate.
 +
* The output of the trigger logic modules is sent over fiber to the GTP.
 +
 
 +
=== Schedule for Chamber Data ===
 +
 
 +
Alex asked about the schedule for reading out the chambers so that monitoring and reconstruction can start to be tested. Beni thought that it would be at least couple of weeks. Not only does the chamber read-out chain need to be established, but the CTOF trigger has to be working.

Latest revision as of 20:41, 23 March 2022

09:30 EST (JLab time) Weekly Meeting

REMOTE during Covid-19

Connecting

Join ZoomGov Meeting
https://jlab-org.zoomgov.com/j/1608628791?pwd=bXhtZjdNRi8xeXZqWFh5T1R3TDBFdz09
Meeting ID: 160 862 8791
Passcode: CPP

Elton Smith is inviting you to a scheduled ZoomGov meeting.

Topic: CPP Weekly Meeting
Time: This is a recurring meeting Meet anytime

Join ZoomGov Meeting
https://jlab-org.zoomgov.com/j/1608628791?pwd=bXhtZjdNRi8xeXZqWFh5T1R3TDBFdz09

Meeting ID: 160 862 8791
Passcode: CPP
One tap mobile
+16692545252,,1608628791# US (San Jose)
+16468287666,,1608628791# US (New York)

Dial by your location
       +1 669 254 5252 US (San Jose)
       +1 646 828 7666 US (New York)
       +1 669 216 1590 US (San Jose)
       +1 551 285 1373 US
       833 568 8864 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 160 862 8791
Find your local number: https://jlab-org.zoomgov.com/u/acZK7hDWFf
 
Join by SIP
1608628791@sip.zoomgov.com

Join by H.323
161.199.138.10 (US West)
161.199.136.10 (US East)
Meeting ID: 160 862 8791
Passcode: 112160


Action Items

  1. Check with Sasha on steps for "replay"
  2. Work with Justin to create the appropriate translation tables for the scalers (Beni)
  3. Check with Chris about sensor voltage for the LV supplies (Beni)
  4. Develop a draft plan for Pb alignment (Ilya)

Preliminary Agenda

  1. Previous CPP meeting: Mar 16, 2022
  2. Previous CPP Software meeting: Π polarizability Software Meeting Mar 17, 2022
  3. Announcements
  4. Action Items
  5. CPP and NPP Run Conditions
  6. TAC Runs / flux normalization: TAC Operation Test
  7. Diamond simulations (Richard)
  8. Software/Calibration
    • Simulations
  9. MWPC Testing
  10. CPP and NPP Experiment Configuration
  11. CPP-NPP trigger
  12. DAQ and Electronic Setup (Sergey and Beni)
  13. Other business
  14. Next meeting

Minutes

Present: Alex Austregesilo, Albert Fabrizi, Sergey Furletov, David Hornidge, Mark Ito (chair), Igal Jaegle, Nikhil Kalra, Ilya Larin, Rory Miskimen, Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann

There is a recording of this meeting (Passcode: n.1a#yZ9) on the ZoomGov website.

Cables

Beni reported that the LV and HV cables for the chambers were being installed yesterday. The signal cables are still in productions. He reminded us that we have 6 signal cables in hand that can be used to test one chamber at a time.

[Added in press, from Beni: the crimp tool loan mentioned at the last meeting was approved yesterday and has been shipped to the company. Also Chris Stanislav is connecting the LV boxes to the wire chambers as of this afternoon.]

Run Start Date

Beni reminded us that the run is scheduled to start June 8. We should not now that a budget has passed, we should not assume that there will be a CR-related delay in the start of the run.

TAC Status

Beni had a look at the lead glass TAC in the Hall. He led us through his logbook entry. All indications are that the device looks good. He mentioned that that TAC was last used with GlueX in November/December 2019.

Beni also mentioned Sascha Somov's plan to use a new, 3×3 lead tungstate array as a TAC for CPP and PrimEx. We had some discussion of the relative merits of lead glass TAC vs. lead tungstate TAC.

  • possible leakage of showers from the sides of PbWO4 vs. large size of Pb-glass
  • better intrinsic energy resolution of PbWO4
  • possible need for calibration, block-to-block of a PbWO4 array
    • TAC stage only has horizontal motion. Snake scan requires two-dimensional motion
  • PbWO4 is a new detector

Rory suggested that Mark ask Sascha to come to tomorrow's CPP Design meeting to present his plan.

Amount of Empty Target Data to Take

TBD

Diamond Simulations

No news.

Software/Calibration

  • Simon has moved the kinematic fit of pairs from a plugin to a factory in the FMWPC library. It has not been tested on electron-positron pairs yet. Rory remarked that its location in this library is motivated by having results of the fits available for online e/π separation monitoring. Without the kinematic fit, this would be difficult due to the relatively poor momentum resolution for forward-going tracks.
  • Simon is working on putting the survey numbers in. He has a version in a private HDDS directory.

Scintillators

The CTOF paddles are being installed in the Hall this week. Bobby Bunton 3D-printed mounting brackets, at Beni's request, so that mechanical support attachments are only made on the light guides and not to the scintillators or the phototube/base.

Translation Tables for Scalers

Beni has a meeting with Justin scheduled for Friday to discuss how this is to be done.

Low Voltage Feedback for the Chambers

Beni confirmed with Chris that the feedback system for regulating low voltage at the distribution box is hooked up.

Lead Shielding Alignment

The lead shielding in front of the first MWPC will be positioned, at the 1 mm level, from a study using rates, with beam on, of the MWPCs at several positions of the shield. Position adjustment is done by hand in the Hall, so Rapid Access will be necessary to carry out the program. Ilya will draft a run plan for this activity.

CPP Trigger Tests

Sergey reported that the CDC AI tests are done. Sascha is aware of this and he will start back on trigger tests. Ben Raydo may have to be pulled in at some point. Rory emphasized that this is on the critical path.

DAQ and Electronic Setup

Sergey reported that the CDC crate with the FADC-125s is mounted in its new location for use with the MWPCs. A new VME computer has been put in the crate. The crate has no power and it needs a optical fiber for read-out still.

[Added in press, from Beni: the VXS crate has now power. There is also AC 120V regular power available in the rack.]

Tagger Hodoscope Location 7

Mark mentioned that at yesterday's Hall D Staff meeting Tim Whitlatch mentioned that he was waiting on a decision from the CPP group on installing a plate, at location 7, for mounting tagger hodoscope counters. We think we need this. We will try to clarify the issue at tomorrow's Design Meeting.

[Added in press: Mark asked and Sascha agreed to attend the meeting.]

CTOF Trigger

Rory asked about readiness of the various components needed to form a trigger from the downstream scintillators. Beni reported that all the components were in-hand or easily acquired.

  • The PMTs have two outputs, one will to the FADCs, the other to a discriminator
  • The discriminator has two outputs. One will go to a CAEN TDC, the other to the trigger logic.
  • Trigger logic is housed in a NIM crate.
  • The output of the trigger logic modules is sent over fiber to the GTP.

Schedule for Chamber Data

Alex asked about the schedule for reading out the chambers so that monitoring and reconstruction can start to be tested. Beni thought that it would be at least couple of weeks. Not only does the chamber read-out chain need to be established, but the CTOF trigger has to be working.