Difference between revisions of "Π polarizability Meeting Jan 5, 2022"

From GlueXWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Action Items)
(Minutes: first draft)
 
Line 70: Line 70:
  
 
== Minutes ==
 
== Minutes ==
'' Attending:
+
 
 +
Present: Mark Ito (chair), David Lawrence, Rory Miskimen, Andrew Schick, Simon Taylor
 +
 
 +
Given that we were missing several key players, we decided to defer substantive reports, in particular a report on the chamber work at JLab, until the next meeting. We only dealt with issues/news that were in fronts-of-mind for the participants.
 +
 
 +
=== Trigger Test Data ===
 +
 
 +
Rory mentioned news from Ilya Larin about trigger test data taken at the end of the SRC run. Data were taken in raw mode, with a random trigger, and there is thought to be enough of it to do a meaningful study.
 +
 
 +
=== CPP-Enabled Software Version Set ===
 +
 
 +
Elton Smith promised Andrew a version set with all the components in place to do CPP simulation and data analysis in early January. Simon described the issues with two packages.
 +
 
 +
# Before the break, there was a pending [https://github.com/JeffersonLab/HDGeant4/pull/200 pull request] from Simon for '''HDGeant4'''. Over the break, Richard Jones merged the changes onto the master and we are now ready to tag it and built it.
 +
# Changes specific to CPP reconstruction still remain on a branch of '''halld_recon'''. Most of them deal with the MWPCs and can be put on the master branch since for non-CPP running, there the chambers are not in the geometry, they will be ignored. The exception is the creation of FCAL "clusters" from single hits that have been matched to a charged track. These will create data in the REST file, though in separate element from other FCAL clusters. Mark and Simon will discuss strategies for merging this code.
 +
 
 +
=== Call-Backs in ROOT ===
 +
 
 +
Andrew asked for guidance in passing non-function-argument parameters to a call-back function used by Minuit in the context of ROOT. Global variables were suggested by collaborator(s) who would only comment if their identities were protected. Andrew and Mark will meet after the meeting to discuss this further.
 +
 
 +
=== News from Ebode ===
 +
 
 +
David reports that Ebode Onyie has enrolled in a Cypriot university and is working with a professor there. He hopes to continue his research work on CPP from his new institution. He will be making a presentation there on CPP soon. He will send some slides to David for comment in advance of the talk.

Latest revision as of 12:00, 5 January 2022

Meeting Time And Location

09:30 EST (JLab time) Weekly Meeting

REMOTE during Covid-19

Connecting

You can connect using BlueJeans Video conferencing (ID: 949 429 419). (Click "Expand" to the right for details -->):

  1. Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:

  2. Meeting ID: 949 429 419
    • (you may need to type this in, depending how you connect)

  3. If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):

  4. If connecting via iOS or Android App:
    • Use your JLab e-mail address to log in and then enter the meeting ID given above to join the meeting

  5. If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"

  6. If connecting via Polycom unit:
    • Dial 199.48.152.152 or bjn.vc
    • Enter meeting ID above



Action Items

  1. Generate MC samples of pi+pi- (Elton and Andrew)
  2. Make a pull request for hdds (Simon)

Preliminary Agenda

  1. Previous CPP meeting: Dec 15, 2021
  2. Announcements
    • Current experimental run is extended till Monday Dec 20. SRC experiment replaced C target with LD2 yesterday.
    • Bluejeans being phased out between now and end of January. New system will be ZOOM.
  3. Action Items
  4. CPP-NPP trigger
  5. Software/Calibration for CPP (David, Alex and Sean)
  6. PID + AI
    • Data for AI (Andrew)
  7. CPP and NPP Readiness Review
  8. MWPC Testing
  9. CPP and NPP Experiment Configuration
  10. Electronic Configuration (Beni)
  11. hdgeant4 updates (Mark)
  12. Software consolidation (Simon)
  13. GlueX Data Analysis
  14. CPP Simulations
  15. Other business
  16. Next meeting

Minutes

Present: Mark Ito (chair), David Lawrence, Rory Miskimen, Andrew Schick, Simon Taylor

Given that we were missing several key players, we decided to defer substantive reports, in particular a report on the chamber work at JLab, until the next meeting. We only dealt with issues/news that were in fronts-of-mind for the participants.

Trigger Test Data

Rory mentioned news from Ilya Larin about trigger test data taken at the end of the SRC run. Data were taken in raw mode, with a random trigger, and there is thought to be enough of it to do a meaningful study.

CPP-Enabled Software Version Set

Elton Smith promised Andrew a version set with all the components in place to do CPP simulation and data analysis in early January. Simon described the issues with two packages.

  1. Before the break, there was a pending pull request from Simon for HDGeant4. Over the break, Richard Jones merged the changes onto the master and we are now ready to tag it and built it.
  2. Changes specific to CPP reconstruction still remain on a branch of halld_recon. Most of them deal with the MWPCs and can be put on the master branch since for non-CPP running, there the chambers are not in the geometry, they will be ignored. The exception is the creation of FCAL "clusters" from single hits that have been matched to a charged track. These will create data in the REST file, though in separate element from other FCAL clusters. Mark and Simon will discuss strategies for merging this code.

Call-Backs in ROOT

Andrew asked for guidance in passing non-function-argument parameters to a call-back function used by Minuit in the context of ROOT. Global variables were suggested by collaborator(s) who would only comment if their identities were protected. Andrew and Mark will meet after the meeting to discuss this further.

News from Ebode

David reports that Ebode Onyie has enrolled in a Cypriot university and is working with a professor there. He hopes to continue his research work on CPP from his new institution. He will be making a presentation there on CPP soon. He will send some slides to David for comment in advance of the talk.