HDGeant4 Meeting, December 15, 2020
Tuesday, December 15, 2020
3:00 pm EST
BlueJeans: 968 592 007
- Review of minutes from the last meeting (all)
- Issues on GitHub
- Pull Requests on GitHub
- Action Item Review
Present: Alex Austregesilo, Tegan Beattie, Sean Dobbs, Colin Gleason, Mark Ito (chair), Igal Jaegle, Naomi Jarvis, Richard Jones, Zisis Papandreou, Simon Taylor, Jon Zarling, Beni Zihlmann
There is a recording of this meeting on the BlueJeans site. Use your JLab credentials to get access.
Review of minutes from the last meeting
We went over the minutes from December 1st. Zisis made a correction to the version of the minutes sent out via email: Tegan and Colleen Henschel were the ones that wrote the Geant4-based detailed simulation of the BCAL.
Issues on GitHub
Issue #111: Difference in Acceptance between G3 and G4: Colin is working through reviving his study. Tegan is on contact with Colin to get going himself.
Issue #179: Proton timing in the BCAL: Sean posted a new issue, looking deeper into the details of the BCAL simulation of incident hadrons. He led us through the issue. Some points from the discussion:
- He looked at abundance of the various secondary particles in the simulation for hdgeant, HADR1 and HADR4, and HDGeant4.
- He looked at the energy spectra for particular particle types: neutrons, protons, and C12 for each of the three models.
- Zisis asked about the physics list. Richard replied that it was a standard list with tweaks from Maurizio Ungaro of Hall B and from a BNL experiment.
- Tegan and Colin will collaborate on this issue.
- Igal has reported a problem with doing a make after a make clean in HDGeant4. Mark is look at this.
- In response to questions and discussion, Mark will build a version of no-light-heavy branch of HDGeant4 at JLab for the (i)farm. He will also send out instructions on how that is done.