GlueX Offline Meeting, September 4, 2018
GlueX Offline Software Meeting
Tuesday, September 4, 2018
2:00 pm EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center A110
BlueJeans: 968 592 007
- 1 Agenda
- 2 Communication Information
- 3 Minutes
- 3.1 Announcements
- 3.2 Review of minutes from the August 21 meeting
- 3.3 Review of the HDGeant4 Meeting on August 28
- 3.4 NERSC Update
- 3.5 Enhanced script for private builds II
- 3.6 XML version file management
- 3.7 Review of recent pull requests
- 3.8 Review of recent discussion on the GlueX Software Help List
- Review of minutes from the August 21 meeting (all)
- Review of the HDGeant4 Meeting on August 28
- NERSC Update (David)
- Enhanced script for private builds II:
- XML version file management (Sean)
- Review of recent pull requests (all)
- Review of recent discussion on the GlueX Software Help List (all)
- Action Item Review (all)
- The BlueJeans meeting number is 968 592 007 .
- Join the Meeting via BlueJeans
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2018 on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2018/ .
- CMU: Naomi Jarvis
- FSU: Sean Dobbs
- JLab: Alex Austregesilo, Thomas Britton, Cristiano Fanelli, Stuart Fegan, Liping Gan, Mark Ito (chair), Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann
- Yerevan: Hrach Marukyan
There is a recording of this meeting on the BlueJeans site. Use your JLab credentials to access it.
- HDPM 0.8.0 released. This version works with the new halld_recon/halld_sim combination.
- New release of halld_sim: version 3.3.0. Fixes the BCAL-mcsmear-initialization problem. It also adds changes from Alex for SDMEs and resurrection of the old BMS make system.
- Reaction Filter Line Builder (alpha). Thomas has written a web form for composing well-formed reaction lines as used by the analysis library. This should help with submission of requests for reactions to be included in analysis launches.
- Status of Launches. Alex: REST production for 2017 data at 92% done. It should finish in a few days. 150 TB of REST data has been produced, 111 TB of the main REST data, the balance in the coherent skim. The yields have gone up and there are a few new fields being written. Our pin quota is 160 TB; we need more.
Review of minutes from the August 21 meeting
We went over the minutes.
- Sean did a test of the Fix event order dependence pull request. He was getting crashes on run transitions with a J/ψ skim.
- Thomas reported that the Warn if JANA_CALIB_CONTEXT not set pull request issues warnings whether the variable is set or not.
Review of the HDGeant4 Meeting on August 28
We went over the minutes.
The change to use the measured time-to-distance relation in the Monte Carlo has been merged. It still remains to implement this change in HDGeant4.
Alex pointed out a new web page from David Lawrence that tracks progress of jobs at NERSC.
Enhanced script for private builds II
Continuing on a theme started at the last meeting, Mark described two new additions to build_scripts.
- my_halld_update.py. This script will update a private build created with my_halld_build_jlab.
- gluex_env_boot_jlab.(c)sh. These short scrip-lets are meant to be included in users' .*rc shell initialization files. The define easy-to-remember commands for setting up and clearing the shell environment at JLab.
XML version file management
Sean has added some scripts to help users discover and manage the large number of version sets that we have created over recent years. The scripts can be used to set-up and to build selected version sets. See XML his slides for a description of the problem space and solutions. This still a work in progress, but there is a branch of the gluex_install repository, "ui_update," for people to try out.
Review of recent pull requests
Alex noted that Pull Request #18 for halld_recon fixes a bug in the analysis library pointed out by Edmund Barriga.
Review of recent discussion on the GlueX Software Help List
We looked at the list archives.
Thomas is working with Maria Patsyuk on her problem with HDGeant4/MCwrapper.